Has anyone heard of the Style Bushido ?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a money making scheme to me.

"Private instruction only?"

"Call for interview?"

Yeah, right. I'll be the head instructor calls himself "soaky." :D

BTW, "Bushido" simple means "Martial Ways," and is the overall category for post Meiji martial arts in Japan.

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

Hmm, lets look at the instructor:

James Seaward first joined the mystical world of Martial Arts at the age of thirteen.

"Mystical world of martial arts? :roll:

He now is a personal student of the founder of the Bushido Academy of Martial Arts - Grand Master Chusan (Pete Delane).

To whom there are no other refences. Not to mention do you want to study with someone called chew-toy?

Under his direct tutelage James Seaward has developed expertise in Bushido Karate,

What the heck is "bushido karate?"

aikido(te),

Of course, the fact that aikido and te are completely differenct systems escaped them...

self defence

Thank you for admitting the rest of your system is bad.:D

and oriental weapons,

ORIENTAL?!?

especially the Japanese Sword.

So the poor grip he demonstrates in the photo is not his usual technique?

Being an expert martial artist does not guarantee being an expert instructor, these tasks require different skills.

Finally something correct!

James Seaward is also a fully certified and licensed instructor of the B.A.M.A. World Governing Body.

How convenient, certified by the organization you run!

The B.A.M.A. requires its instructors to undergo rigorous re-evaluation of both technical knowledge and teaching ability on a regular basis

Therefore students should pay laots'o;money for their teachers to be able to go to BAMA camp, in Tuscaloosa? :D

Not even McDojo...more like fraud.

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

Yup, definate fraudster money-making scam going on with that website.

I'd love to know what the "mystical world of martial arts" is - maybe I can join it someday, or is it only open to shysters who start their own cruddy system??

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

A few other observations off their website..and yes, I agree that this isn't a good place...RUN FORREST...RUN!!!

"It is our job to help YOU reach your TRUE POTENTIAL. We only teach in private, one to one or small class sizes so that each individual's self-growth is maximised.":

For Gods sake, if you're going to post a website, at least use SPELL CHECKER!!! And only private or small classes is, IMHO opinion, a mistake. You need lots and LOTS of variety with different people while training, because not everybody moves or thinks the same in the world. The more exposure you have to different people while you train, the more prepared you will be if you ever need to use your skills for real.

"We train students not to reach the next grade, but to become a MASTER. Continual progression through to Black belt and beyond."

Oh bull-pucky! The goal of ANY arts is (or should be anyway) to make you a better person, not to get a belt or become a "Master" BAH!

"The first step is to book a free interview one of our purpose built Dojo's ideally situated in rural settings ...etc"

A Free Interview"? Has anybody evert heard of an interview you had to pay for??? *scratching my head here* Plus that whole sentence is terrible! (ex-school teacher here)

"Words of Wisdom...The foundation of a good style is based on loyalty and respect. Every time an Instructor teaches you, he proves his loyalty and respect, you must prove your loyalty again and again inside and outside the Dojo. (Master Chusan)"

Yeah, and keep paying those God awful high dues every month too! :roll:

About 4 years agoa, I was in Lowenstoft, UK for a month. Bummer I didn't know about this guy at that time. I would have loved to have stopped in and meet him! Maybe take a few classes. That would have been interesting! lol

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

The Interview is an important stage in ensuring that Arts taught are passed only to responsible students
who have fat wallets and don't know any better. Mebe

S

World famour for idiotography

6th Kyu Wado Ryu

5th Gup Tang Soo Do

1st Dan Origami

Their glossary was soooo enlightening. :roll:

Here it is, in total:

• BUSHIDO

THE WAY OF THE WARRIOR.

ZEN

A method of developing self worth and self thought and is suitable to all religious and non religious people alike - it is not a religion it applies to all.

Don't you guys now feel enlightened?

Smokey, the presentation is evasive, no information on costs are presented, the photos present poor postures, he illustrates an incorrect handgrip on the "japanese sword" (ugh!), the systems he stated... i've never heard of presented in that manner, he never once indicated his rank in any of them, and he also never really stated how long he had been studying... only that he "first joined the mystical world of Martial Arts at the age of thirteen," whatever the hell that means.

My gut reaction to this is that he's a backyard guru, self-enlightened and totally full of...

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro