• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New Instructors in the US.....

I have been teaching in th UK for the last 4 years and I am registered wth w.a.k.o in england. Its recognised in 180 countries,but not in the US. Is it possible to get recognition for my syllabus and insurance so I can continue to teach here in the US? any info would be much apreciated

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I have been teaching in th UK for the last 4 years and I am registered wth w.a.k.o in england. Its recognised in 180 countries,but not in the US. Is it possible to get recognition for my syllabus and insurance so I can continue to teach here in the US? any info would be much apreciated.

p.s...

i am VERY new to this....how do I get rid of the white belt sign and put in a black?!?!

Bammix2,

You don't need certification to teach in the US, as it is (thank goodness) an unregulated industry. All you need is space to teach, and students to fill the space :)

I see you're living in Huber Heights. I grew up just down the street and went to Stebbins HS. Good luck!

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.

• 2 weeks later...

thank you all very much for your help...except the so called "kungfu master"....always one! and to Tom..I am originally from columbus! Haven't lived there in a few years tho....

But thanx to everyone just he same!