• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

hey all,

just wondering, how many of you like entering competitions, why and what in?

our club just entered a competition, and i am very proud of us all,

the results are in shotokan karate thread

so let me know how you all feel

peace,

love Ang

:angel: :angel:

Angela Winter

orange belt, shotokan karate

Karate International Black Belt Schools UK

NEVER BE INTIMIDATED, NEVER GIVE UP NEVER BE DEFEATED.

you are what you are.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello Ang, I love competition, I've been doing it since 1993, for assorted reasons, the adrenaline rush of how good you really think you are :wink:, getting use to doing your thing in front of total strangers (focus & concentration), maybe winning a trophy or two, constructive criticism from the judges (big help), and most important to me, the comeraderie and social aspect of getting together with like minds & aspirations. It's sooo much fun.. I started both doing both point sparring & kata (last performed Bassai Dai), but last coupla years just do kata, don't do point karate anymore due to getting older (49), blowing out my left medial meniscus, and having a coupla titanium screws placed in my right hand after hitting the "boards" real wrong!! Regardless, I love it and will keep doing it until I start the walker business, but maybe they'll let me compete in the super handicapped division by then....Ho Ho..

Jakmak52

[ This Message was edited by: jakmak52 on 2001-11-19 10:54 ]

Best regards,

Jack Makinson

I like some sparring at tourneyments, but not all. I don't like the Karate Kid style of point-stop, point-stop, and so on. I like the ones where you keep going for 2 or 3 minutes and take-downs are allowed for points. If I'm not allowed to do take-downs, I'm out of my element.

Other than that, I try and enter every single event. Weapons, forms, breaking, self defense, whatever. If I'm going to compete, I want to try everything.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

well done, i like full contact aswell, as jack said, its the adrenilin rush, it gets u into fighting spirit.

Doug, it is good to enter everything, then you get more chanceto be the best you can be.

how long have you all been doing karate, or kickboxing, or whatever it is you do??

i have been training for....about elleven months now, i love it, and im not gonna stop, i want my black belt!!!!

peace

Ang :angel: :angel:

Angela Winter

you are what you are.

i started martial arts when i was about 13 in taekwondo......got bored of that so i started kickboxing at age 14......then along side with kickboxing i started training in jiu jitsu at age 15.......im 16 now going on 17 in a couple months

You can boo me if you want, You know I'm right!

-Chris Rock

i have emailed you joe.

and prodigy child, u have been training for four years, impressive,

i have only been training for nearly a year now, i am about to take my green belt in shotokan, i did taikwondo at school for a littel bit, but i dont really like it that much. i am 13 and will be 14 in january

peace

Ang :angel: :angel:

Angela Winter

you are what you are.