• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wearing shoes for martial arts

Do you wear shoes in Martial Arts?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear shoes in Martial Arts?

• Yes, always
    • Yes, but not for sparring
    • No, but thinking of
    • No, never

Do you wear shoes in martial arts?

I'm thinking of getting those Adidas Taekwondo sports shoes, for leisure and karate. Has anyone got a pair and are they good for martial arts.

Take a look:

http://www.sport-e.com/sport-e/rf.inf.RFServlet?pathinfo=productpages/ProductPage.html&pca=170579742&row=1&col=1&displaybanner=Y&version_id=751&rootcat_id=165513377&Mis_item_id=11&Mis_item_loc_id=5&Parent_version_id=751&Cat1=165513377&Cat2=&Cat3=

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know anything about those shoes, so can't help you there.

On the poll, there should be an "Occassionally" option, as we normally don't in class, but occassionally do wear street shoes and clothes for practice.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Just wondering if shoes would make it harder to kick correctly, although I imagine that front kicks would be easier.

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

generally the shoes are cut very low, below the ankle, and it dosen't hinder your kicking. i used to, but now i train on a mat, so i don't need to.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

I've been thinking about it lately since I have such sensetive feet. If it is cold at all, my feet will stick and be relatively immoble. The other day I was having some weird problem with my toe that may have been avoided had I been wearing shoes. But then again, I have these totally neato tattoos of wings on my feet, and I would miss looking at them all the time.

Asics wrestling for me. :up:

I was considering some wrestling shoes, since I reckon they would hold up pretty well on mats, but how do they hold up on hardwood? I don't want to really stick to anything. Also, how much room do wrestling shoes generally have to fit a neoprene ankle brace, do you think? Thanks.

I have a pair of Blitz TKD shoes. I wear them occasionally for training in, especially if I go to train at the chief instructors dojo. He hires a room in a leisure centre, but the floor isn't kept very clean so all his dojo wear MA shoes.

The first time I wore them it felt very wierd to be training with shoes on, but you soon get used to it.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!