• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Gamecube

Patrick

Yea Xbox is supposed to be better in a lot of aspects than the cube, but it does have its drawbacks too.

Its huge. As big as a VCR. While not necessarily a deciding factor, it is something to keep in mind. Also, its what..$500. :eek:

I know that includes games, but geez. Yeh the cube isn't much better, but like I said we're going to PS2. Lastly, even though Microsoft IS the software giant, they're fortee is business software. They haven't proven themselves in the gameing front yet.

Don't get me wrong, it looks great, and I'm not telling anyone not to buy it. I'm just saying think all your choices through first. Look how good Dreamcast is doing. :dead:

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at Best Buy yesterday, and the xbox was 300 bucks. I personally think that computer games are the best. If you buy TV games you just have to get a new system every 2 years, and you end up paying more in the long run.

To Pat. :razz: :razz: :razz:

Do unto others, as they done to you.

I don't exactly agree. Buying a new comp every few years/upgrading to have the games play correctly is going to cost quite a bit, while PC games aren't that much cheaper.

I buy a new system every 4-5 years. :smile: I agree on that. But its the same with computer hardware.

Yeh, but depending on your needs, you can actually upgrade your computer pretty cheap. Memory is dirt cheap, and it's easy to install new components yourself and save any installation costs. Ever since they went to towers, I do a lot of my own upgrades.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

• 6 months later...

Xbox is OK, Gamecube needs some M-Rated Games (Resident Evil aint cuttin it).

PS2 is the best, IMHO. They are backed up by so many developers which makes them good. Yeah, it's true that Xbox is buying a lot of developers, but second Party developers like Square and First Party developer(s) like Sony computer entertainment are so much better than anything microsoft has. Microsoft doesn't have the experience in console gaming.

Sorry, I know this should be under Console Wars, but it came up in this post so I decided to post it here.

"Which one is more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

And no, I don't just have PS2, i have Xbox.

Oh, I forgot, the First Party developer...Polyphony Digital!!(The makers of the Gran Turismo games)

"Which one is more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi