• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

overall best korean martial art

I love Tae Kwon Do and consider it a beautiful and highly effective martial art. Is it the best Korean style? I don't know.

There are Korean styles I personally don't care for. However, the best style is the one that makes you look forward to putting on your uniform and going to class. Without that motivation, nothing else will matter.

My opinion-Welcome to it.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear All,

If the school you are refering to is near PleasantHill (3-4 exits north of Jimmy Carter Blvd.) it is probably the Institute of the Fighting Arts (Sifu Francis Wong)...to be honest, you should approach with a humble mindset, or be prepared to go home with one!

Also, JLee, there are many good Dojangs in your area. Choi Do Kwan on JC Blvd., Kim's TKD (I cant think of the street name), and Francis Wong's Institute of the fighting arts.

I am from Norcross now living in Alabama! I will contact a few friends in the area...If you will email me, I will direct you to some good starting points!

Also, please let me know what interests you have specifically, as this will assist me in my thinking!

Oh Do Kwan!

Spookey

Yeah, im talking about the francis fong place, doesnt seem bad at all. i might start Mauy Thai there

JLee,

There was a good MT Gym on Hwy 29 (Lawrenceville Hwy) in a small plaza...I cant remember the exact location but it is between Pleasant Hill and the next three exits south of there (I believe)...coming from the Pleasant Hill/Grayson Hwy are going South on 29 it was on the right!

Just my two cents!

Taekwon!

Spookey

Do not defend against an attacker, but rather become the attacker...Destroy the enemy!

TAEKWON!

I study Soo Bahk Do, and I am very happy with it. It has increased my flexibility and strength over the the past two years, I can't even tell you. It certainly teaches self-defense. I would recommend you look into it.

Jae,

There is a Soo Bahk Do dojang in the area as well...I've never met the instructor, but my recent inquiry has produced good results (ie..the school is well worth looking into!)

TAEKWON!

Spookey

Do not defend against an attacker, but rather become the attacker...Destroy the enemy!

TAEKWON!

JLee,

Keep us informed as to your progress!

Best Wishes

Spookey

TAEKWON!

TAEKWON!

You know, while I can say that KSW is probably the best Korean art out there, I am not going to do that.

What I am going to say is that you really need to visit the schools in your area, talk to instructors and students (past and present if at all possible), look at the costs of the schools, and above all ask lots of questions. Sit in on some classes and figure out if the students, instructor, the styles of teaching and the art actually suits you and your personality.

If you get anything out of this post, get this main point I am trying to spell out for you: Educate yourself and take some time looking at your options, you'll thank yourself in the long run.

Kuk Sool Won Jae Jah

Jah Ddi (Brown Belt)