• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

to add some contact to your training.

I started incorporating alot of semi and full contact sparring to my regimen, i think its good for your training and its good to keep you sharp as a knife. Some people say its dangerous and stick to their point sparring but i say, thats not enough, to learn how to hit and not to get hit, you must hit and get it, than soon you will drop those bad habits and develop good new ones i.e. keeping hands up etc..

I do these along with grappling, submission and shadow boxing drills. :karate:

a little boxing, a little wrestling, a little muay thai, and a lot of jiujitsu( brazilian)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Other way around :D

I see less injuries now that we train with contact then I did doing point fighting.

That actually makes sense. I know that in full contact I'm a lot less apt to try something stupid. :)

Wolverine

1st Dan - Kalkinodo

"Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a q-tip"

"There is no spoon."

I could not agree more. You have to train the way you fight, because you will fight the way you trained.

We have started doing alot more fulll contact work in my Budo Taijitsu class. We have "GladiatoR" gloves which are like boxing gloves without the fingers covered. We do "The Gauntlet" or "randori" which is when we stand in a circle or a line and everyone has to atack the person in the center.

we do it slowly to start, one person atacking at a time and they can only throw a punch kick or grab. The atacks aren't fast, but they're thrown with intent. if you don't move, you'll get hit.

"Take a beating in the dojo so you don't on the streets"

~Anonymous

If in your journey you encounter God, God will be cut

~Hatori Hanso (sonny chiba)

passin the guard , rollin u know, mma style

adding striking not only makes it harder but forces you to improuve ur game

but also stand up kick boxing

I agree with that for the most part, but it depends on what your game is. Adding strikes is detracting from your game if you are strictly a bjj competitor.