• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Motorcycles

sidekick

1985 Kwaka GPZ900R, bit worse for wear, but then so am I.

Notice how after awhile owners start to look like their bikes :lol:

John G Jarrett

III Dan, ITF Taekwon-Do

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notice how after awhile owners start to look like their bikes :lol:

You mean, like, laying in the road, making gruesome noises, battered, broken, filthy, ... ?

Actually, I allways rode rats, so we generally looked alike any how. I'll bet rideing in Australia is a kick- lots of space to really stretch your legs.

Freedom isn't free!

You mean, like, laying in the road, making gruesome noises, battered, broken, filthy, ... ?

Yep, and that's only after the first pub :) thank goodness I quit drinking a few years back, my poor old bike would be looking a lot worse.

Riding in Australia can sometimes be a real pain in the A$$, literally. Everything is just so far apart (especially on the west coast).

Over here the only two thing you really have to look out for is Mr Policeman and kangaroos. Besides that, its a blast.

With the exception of jumping out of planes (yet to do that) nothing compares to the buzz you get riding a bike.

John G Jarrett

III Dan, ITF Taekwon-Do

Over here the only two thing you really have to look out for is Mr Policeman and kangaroos. Besides that, its a blast.

Man that would not be cool to hit a kangaroo with a motorcycle, around here I have to watch out for deer, I think kangaroos are bigger, but maybe not.

I've never been to australia, what are the road laws like, are they very different than america?

Yep, and that's only after the first pub :) thank goodness I quit drinking a few years back, my poor old bike would be looking a lot worse.

:lol: Yeah, I quit for a few years, and I've cut way back now. WHat's really bad is when you ride a rat, and you leave the first bar looking worse than the bike! :(

Riding in Australia can sometimes be a real pain in the A$$, literally. Everything is just so far apart (especially on the west coast).

Man, that's heaven! The road stretches forever, and a bike that has long legs! :D

Over here the only two thing you really have to look out for is Mr Policeman and kangaroos. Besides that, its a blast. With the exception of jumping out of planes (yet to do that) nothing compares to the buzz you get riding a bike.

The wildlife I can handle, but the copps are a bummer sometimes. And, I've jumped out of planes. It's a rush, but nothing like the moment you know impact with an Oldsmobile is unavoidable. Still, given those two options, jump from a plane. But ride the bike to the jump center! 8)

Freedom isn't free!

Man that would not be cool to hit a kangaroo with a motorcycle, around here I have to watch out for deer...

Try horses! And that danged headlight is like a magnet to the sorry beasts at night! :evil:

Freedom isn't free!

thank goodness I quit drinking a few years back...

That reminds me of a friend of my dad's. He had a old harley with a suicide shift (this was a long time ago), and he was driving home drunk early in the evening, when he accidently weaved off the road into someone's yard. They were sitting on the porch watching like what heck :o , while he puts it in reverse, backs out and takes off again.

Yeah, I thought I'd found reverse once. Shocked the ____ out of me, 'till I figured out that I ws on the front fender, facing backwards. :)

Sort of like the story Red Fox used to tellabout the cowboy that tied his horse up outside a bar,and when he came out found that some ____ had cut his horses head off. He rode it home, but he had to guide it all the way back with his finger stuck in its windpipe! :D

Freedom isn't free!

I've had several bikes over the years. Presently, I have a 1978 yamaha XS1100cc street bike, similar to a Honda GoldWing. Back in it's day, it was THE bike to have! It only has 23,000 miles on it and goes like a bat out of hell (when I want it to that is) :D

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Shorinryu Sensei, prior to my current bike I had the XS1100 RH Special (1981) shaft drive jobby.

Weighed a ton, great in a straight line or on gravel but hated corners at speed, loved that girl, then the Ms's and kids came along and I did the right thing and sold it :cry: .

Come to think of it (in a purely male chauvinistic way and hopping the one who should be obeyed never reads this) the Ms's now kind of reminds me a little of that bike :)

John G Jarrett

III Dan, ITF Taekwon-Do