• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Motorcycles

sidekick

I like motorcycles alot, anyone else? I've got a 1983 honda nighthawk 650, it's my baby........ well... not really

Do any of you have motorcycles?

Any random thoughts about motorcycles you wanna share?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently got a 100cc Yamaha to share with me mam, but I'm not insured yet, and havn't got my licence. Theory in just under a fourtnight. It's perdy as ya like.

World famour for idiotography

6th Kyu Wado Ryu

5th Gup Tang Soo Do

1st Dan Origami

Motorcycles are my number 1 thing!

It's almost like a drug, I need to get out on my bike at least once a week or I go mad, I find riding my motorcycle my way to relax and if I've had a bad day at work I go for a ride and always come back with a smile on my face.

If you ride a motorcycle, you'll understand, if you don't - give it a try!

I currently ride a 1999 Triumph Sprint ST that I bought from new and it's the best bike I've ever had, and I've had quite a few.

My wife rides a Kawasaki GPz400c2 when she can but she's currently got a sweet tooth for a Triumph Speed Tipple in bright pink (sorry Nuclear Red as Triumph call it)

Check out my website for loads of motorcycle stuff.

Motorcycles are my number 1 thing!

It's almost like a drug, I need to get out on my bike at least once a week or I go mad, I find riding my motorcycle my way to relax and if I've had a bad day at work I go for a ride and always come back with a smile on my face.

If you ride a motorcycle, you'll understand, if you don't - give it a try!

I currently ride a 1999 Triumph Sprint ST that I bought from new and it's the best bike I've ever had, and I've had quite a few.

My wife rides a Kawasaki GPz400c2 when she can but she's currently got a sweet tooth for a Triumph Speed Tipple in bright pink (sorry Nuclear Red

as Triumph call it)

Check out my website for loads of motorcycle stuff.

Sweet bike rig!

I like the look of the speed triple too, but i think the daytona is probably my favorite.

Riding is definately relaxing, although i haven't ridden alot lately 'cause of the lousy ohio weather.

The main thing I like about motorcycles is that they they can be fast and still not guzzle gas like a fast car would.

I had about a third or a tank and i filled up for $2.20. Granted i don't have a huge tank, but i can get 100+ miles per tank.

I have a 2003 Honda Silverwing (600 cc). It has all the fun and power of a motorcycle but none of that pesky shifting. :D Lots of fun to ride and faster off the line than most of my friends' bikes.

Team Respect

I may have taught you everything you know, but I haven't taught you everything I know. Age and treachery can beat youth and speed any day.

I used to ride in my younger days.

Yup. Three Harley's and a couple of rice rockets. Wrecked every one of them, most more than once.

My favorite was a '60 lower end with shovel uppers crammed into an old wishbone frame. Fat bobs, and a six over Springer front end that eventually got replaced with a wide glide. (Had to, I got drunk and twisted it up in Beckley's summer fallow, via the drainage ditch). It was a rat, and a real 'tractor'. The oil pressure gauge had a faded IH logo on it. If you scraped the paint on the linkages (actually, you just had to look where they were already scraped), you'd find John Deere green. A lot of the parts came from another of my bikes, a '75/74 (by then a basket). Some parts, like the shift arm, were forged in the shop. For a while I ran solid lifters brazed together from bar stock. Thing sounded like an old flathead when you fired it up. Those were the days... !

Any random thoughts about motorcycles you wanna share?

Yes. You'll probably pay for it later in life with aches and pains, but if you ask me, it's worth it. Enjoy! I still think about getting another Hog. Old Beckley used to have an Electraglide that he'd ride around on (at a more sedate pace than I was accustomed to), cigar clamped firmly in the right side of his mouth and a big grin plastered all over his face. We used to make fun of him, but now I'm thinking that doesn't sound too bad.

Freedom isn't free!

Yup. Three Harley's and a couple of rice rockets. Wrecked every one of them, most more than once.

Ouch! were you a crazy driver or were you cursed lol. Maybe you were cursed to be a crazy driver....

People keep telling me stuff like "you will wreck or dump your bike, the important thing is not getting hurt when it happens"

and "everybody dumps their motorcycle, it just happens..."

I know i don't have much experience, but i have never felt out of control on my motorcycle, even pushing it around on uneven ground. Not saying that i couldn't or won't dump it sometime, but people act like it's definately gonna happen, it sort of annoys me.

...crazy or cursed?

Allways crazy, often cursed! :D

Actually, I was just young enough to think I was invincable, and usually wasted. My brother says I'm an adrenalin junkey even now, so that probably didn't help then either.

People keep telling me stuff like "you will wreck or dump your bike, the important thing is not getting hurt when it happens"

and "everybody dumps their motorcycle, it just happens..."

Yeah, and those same people don't understand why you do martial arts either, do they? Wrecks are not inevitable, but if you ride hard they are probable, and you might get hurt. Does it really matter? I read a quote somewhere recently (wish I'd had the sense to copy it, and if I remembered who said it I'd dang sure give them credit). Went something like: 'Life should not be lived as though you are trying to arrive safely at your destination. You should skid sideways into the final pit stop, battered and wrecked, and proclaiming loudly "Wow, what a ride!" ' Whoever said that had 'LIFE-DO' mastered.

Edit: I liked that quote so much, changed my signature line. Only took about three tries- a computer geneouse I ain't.

Freedom isn't free!

i love,um!ive been ridding for eight yrs now.my newest bike is a 95 honda shadow 1100cc.its a pretty good. once i pay my suv and bike off,i thing im going to get a harley or somthing all chopped out!

Why punch someone when their on the ground when you can just kick them