• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My Instructor Is leaving I wish to get him something nice

pictures, written composition of what he has taught you and how you have grown in the arts because of him, certificates, plaques (not the stuff off your teeth either), accupuncture for his pain would be cool, pictures of the group you practice with , signed papers by all the students with contact information, a nice little ceremony, a bokken with his name engraved into it, or something similar....get him a pet praying mantis....

I've been an instructor since 1978 and had to leave a class in another town because I moved to where I am now. I have a scrap book with items like this, where students of mine had to leave for whatever reason, such as going off to college or moving out of state, and those letters mean more to me than anything else I own pertaining to the arts. I agree with grandmasterchen in that thank you letters with heartfelt words of appreciationg and thanks from all of the students, a class picture and maybe a small token of their esteem.

I've often thought that if I ever won the lottery, I'd seek out my origional sensei in Minnesota and drop about a million dollars in his lap and say "Thanks Dennis. You have no idea how what you had taught me for those few years has affected the rest of my life."

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I agree with the video/DVD and letters ideas. A heartfelt letter from a student would be worth so much more than if the same student spent hundreds or even thousands of ££ on a present.

If you want to spend some money on getting him another present too, then maybe you could find something connected with a hobby of his or something he likes. eg, if he's a football fan, you got get him something connected with that.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!