• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wish me luck!...Testing this weekend.

Well, the time has finally come, or at least that's what they tell me.

After 20 years of training, and having undergone 2 out of 3 years of a three year testing cycle, I will be testing for my master's belt this weekend.

I leave for Alabama tomorrow for about three days of training prior to my test on Saturday night...and have to be back at work on Monday :o

I'm thinking I'll be pretty sore...hopefully I won't have anything broken though..last year there were some broken ribs and a messed up ankle...

To tell the truth, I'm looking forward to it, but even after having been through something similar the last two years, I'm still a bit nervous.

If all goes well, though, I'll be promoted in late July.

This is a bit of a frivolous post, I'll admit, but I'm trying to get as much positive energy as possible going my way. Last week I was misearbly sick with Strep Throat and an infection that spread through most of my system, so I'm hoping I have that fully kicked by this weekend. I'm just glad it didn't decide to hit me this weekend. I can use as many good thoughts as I can get, though... :D

This is the culmination of a lot of work, and I definitely need to thank my wife , my family, and all of my instructors past and present for getting me this far...in a lot of ways it's like becoming a white belt all over again.

Anyway, believe me when I say if I can do this, anyone can. I tell my students that the only difference between me and them is thatI've been around longer. So, if there is any advice I can give, it would be pretty simple: just keep training. Don't give up. Sure it get's tedious and aggravating sometimes, but no one ever said it would be easy, and nothing really worth doing ever is.

OK, enough babbling... just had to vent out some of that nervous energy that's been building up....

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Good luck. I'm testing for 1st kyu this weekend, I guess that's somewhat less than what you're at. :lol:

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

Wow, that's great! I'm sure you will do great! Good luck with everything... and don't get nervous cause thats what kills ya :)

What style are you studying?

Wow, that's great! I'm sure you will do great! Good luck with everything... and don't get nervous cause thats what kills ya :)

What style are you studying?

I study Tang Soo Do, and more specifically, am part of the World Tang Soo Do Association..

..and Radok..Good Luck to you as well! It's been awhile since I was 1st Gup (equivalent of Kyu in Korean systems), but I still remember being there, and we all have to go through that process.. You are moving rapidly towards your 1st Dan, and that is a tremendous time of learning..soak it all up and enjoy it!

Good luck, TangSooGuy! I was still in my TSD dojang when my instructor went through his master's test (well not at the test, but ....). The day before he left, he was so nervous. The months before, he did a lot of training after teaching. But he did very well. As I'm sure you will, too :) Go in there and do your best. Drink plenty of fluids, and eat healthy meals, so your body will be ready also ;)

Laurie F

Best of Luck! I'm sure you'll be awesome! Train hard and keep focused.:)

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

Good luck and stay positive!

Team Respect

I may have taught you everything you know, but I haven't taught you everything I know. Age and treachery can beat youth and speed any day.