• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i don't really care what people think of what i do because it doesn't matter to me.

i know what i am capable of and i know that if i ever need to defend myself, i'd be better prepared than the average joe.

after all, not everyone out there is a martial artist or natural born fighter.

but then that's no really what i'm training for.

i don't claim superiority over anyone.

i don't claim that wing chun is better or worse than any other style/training method.

i don't even claim that i would be able to defend myself if caught in that kind of situation.

what i can tell you is what i do, how i do it, and why i do it.

if you ask me if wing chun will win in a ufc fight then i can only say that it depends on how the guy trained.

i have said this before, the success of the style depends on the fighter.

most mma guys train like pigs in heat.

they have way more fight time than the average martial artist and they tend to 'fight' harder.

on the other hand, not all martial arts teach and train as vigorously.

but i guess my point is, if you take a traditional martial arts guy and have him train as hard as the mma guy, how would he fare then?

i don't know but then who does?

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost every style of fighting has it's roots in Kung Fu. So watch how you speak of your ancestors. Kung Fu is like the water in every sport drink, coke, pepsi, lemonade and so forth. It is the essence of all asian fighting arts. Plus not every Kung Fu practition entered UFC and don't have the desire to. That doesn't mean that there aren't practitioner of Kung Fu that would do well in NHB. To make that kind of conclusion from such limited data is ridiculous. Also, know that there are very effect Kung Fu styles out there and if coupled with the proper training methods it would turn the fighting world on it's bum. That goes for many styles of fighting period. What a lot of you are judging Kung Fu on is Wu Shu is not fighting.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Almost every style of fighting has it's roots in Kung Fu. So watch how you speak of your ancestors.

there are several that don't. ANd regardless, so much time has past that they are completely, totally different styles now. To even think about the fact that 800 years ago your art's founder trained with a chinese man is stupid and irrelevant.

It is the essence of all asian fighting arts.

Not at all. Take jujutsu for example - there is no verifiable evidence that it came from china.

Plus not every Kung Fu practition entered UFC and don't have the desire to. That doesn't mean that there aren't practitioner of Kung Fu that would do well in NHB.

Due to the training methods, most would not. Now, if they trained properly for it and trained some groundwork, maybe.

So watch how you speak of your ancestors

Hmm... while some of my ancestors are notable, including Jorge Newbery (Argentine aviator), Charles Newbery (publisher), and Charlemagne, I would have to say that many of them were not. But, just to be a bugger... i don't recall any of them having anything to do with the creation of an Asian martial art. :roll:

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

Plus not every Kung Fu practition entered UFC and don't have the desire to. That doesn't mean that there aren't practitioner of Kung Fu that would do well in NHB.

Due to the training methods, most would not. Now, if they trained properly for it and trained some groundwork, maybe.

Due to their training methods, most kung-fu stylists are not good golfers.

I am positive that a kung fu stylist trained for such an event they would do well, using the tools that they have.

Ignorance is bliss I guess.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

if entered a mma event now, i would probably lose.

if i trained intensively in my style specifically for another mma event i would probably lose.

if i trained in a mma for a mma event, i would still probably lose...

we've been through these types of discussions before.

nothing new is being said.

we all have our opinions and normally, they are going to be biased opinions or even ignorant opinions.

why argue?

it does not serve a purpose.

you can't judge an art on its performance in a fighting event.

that's almost as bad as making a judgement on an art without actually trying it.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

you can't judge an art on its performance in a fighting event.

that's almost as bad as making a judgement on an art without actually trying it.

Sure you can, at least when it comes to it's ability to work in that event.

In a NHB fight, Kung fu didn't fo well, end of story. The skills needed to do well aren't there.

But fighting is not the only reason to train.

Most people train for fun and excercise.

Different people find different things fun.

Andrew Green

http://innovativema.ca - All the top martial arts news!

how many 'kung fu' guys can you name that entered an mma event compared to the number of mma guys?

anyway...

let's see.

pure boxers get pounded in K1, therefore boxing is crap.....