• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MMA people do not have the dedication to make it through a structured style. So therefore, even if they say they use it, such as Wing Chun, it really is not used because they cannot spend the time it takes to perfect it and they perform it incorrectly. Even Bruce Lee never completed any system in his life, and now he lives on like that. My .02

Long

calm down everyone......

some aspects of kung fu have been incorporated into some mixed martial arts

i like some of the open hand techniques, and finger attacks from mantis and tiger styles, there are some things, just not as much as other arts

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

MMA you are looking at is a "sport". Many people have no interest in fighting in such events, and often those who are drawn to compete are far from the best, and are looking to make a name for themselves.

There have been people who claim to be kung-fu stylists in some big MMA events, but like anything in North America in regards to martial arts, anyone can call themselves an instructor or a "blank" practitioner.

lol...

Yeah...

Well I hate to break it to you but there are people that do MMA that have no interest in competing too.

But you are absolutely right, I'm sure there is a Shaolin monk who does kata, spends 8 hours a day meditating and could Dim mak all the UFC fighters...

That's a really bad argument. All the guys that compete aren't really any good, REAL kung fu people don't compete, nor step up to any challenges, or demonstrate there skills against a person that is fighting back.... ever.... doing so would go againt the true spirit of martial arts....

hehehe....

I enjoyed writing that, you guys are funny ;)

Andrew Green

http://innovativema.ca - All the top martial arts news!

I believe Sho-ju was refering to MMA events, not MMA practitioners, and this is what I am refering too.

I agree that there are people who go to MMA schools that probably have no interest in competing, but depending on the quality of the instruction of the school, and the schools focus they may be just training in a "sport".

If you look at the history of the UFC and such, many of these so called "kung fu" stylists are a joke case in point Jason DeLucia. Jason who has videos in Combat Akido (not kung fu) also claims to have trained in five animals kung fu, judo, jiu jitsu, and tae kwon do. The guy is a MMA in my eyes, but was labeled "kung fu for the event." Delucia prefers to be refered to as a "Hybrid Wrestling instructor."

Test of skill is the real world, not a ring. Rules make anything kung-fu and MMA safe for practicioners (which is good). It's all in how you train and use your tools that you have at your disposal.

REAL kung fu people don't compete, nor step up to any challenges, or demonstrate there skills against a person that is fighting back

What is a REAL kung fu person? Is that anything like a REAL bagel?

Exactly.

Many of the techniques incorporated in kung fu systems are not applicable in competitions, due to their lethality. If you grab most of the K-1 champions and shove them into the old UFC competitions, they would get slaughtered. If you grab most of the UFC champions and shove them into K-1, they'll get slaughtered. If you grab a point contact fighter and shove him in a muay thai competition, he'll get slaughtered. If you grab a judoka and shove him in a kickboxing competition, he'll get slaughtered. If you grab a TKD practitioner and shove him in a greco wrestling competition, he'll get slaughtered.

Should i continue, or did i make my point?

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro