• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Keeping folks working

maybe change the approach to how you teach things, keep it new, exciting and interesting....sometimes people get tired of the same drills, so toss a few things around and make it seem like a new activity, yet continue to throw in your normal techniques and such into the mix....

Try to avoid becoming predictable. It keeps everybody honest and on their toes. :wink:

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I agree. Also, try to go with popular opinion at first. For instance, if the majority can't get enough sparring then let them duke it out for the first half of class. Then start diving into unpredictable conditioning and difficult drills. Some of my best classes were like that.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Pump the music from time to time. Have contests among the lines. First see which group kicks the highest, then the strongest, most intense, and lastly the loudest and most energetic line. See which line is clapping, giving each other high fives, and really into it.