• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

UKC

Radok

Would this be a good thing for Karate?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would this be a good thing for Karate?

• Yes
    • No

Well having karate as a sport has benifets like being able to test your skills agenst people around the globe and you can learn a thing or two as well.

Just like the phoenix I shall rise from the ashes.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i don't really agree with it simply because i'm more of a tradionalist.Karate is not about hurting fellow students and i think people will get seriously hurt. but i don't no to much about the subject so i'll be open minded.

Impossible is not a fact, It's an opinion!

Shotokan-Nidan

It's still a competition, regardless of whether it says something like, "no rules." The ARE rules. You aren't allowed to kill your opponent, leave the ring, grab the referee and thrust him in front of you, or toss a bucket of sand and debris onto the floor. You're not allowed to pull out a knife, a gun, or a rubber hose. You can't bring any weapons in and you can't get any friends to help you in case you get in trouble. You aren't allowed to call the police and 'detain' your opponent until help arrives, nor is anyone going to call 911 for you.

Etc etc etc. Competition... ergo, competition.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

Yes, but it wud have to be regulated, we dont want to turn karate into kickboxing.

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

Actually, what u've suggested is more or less kickboxing, which is lesser known as Full Contact Karate. I know it sounds a bit cliche and I hate saying it, but if u were doing REAL traditional karate then ppl wud get killed or badly injured. This would mean that some things would not be allowed, therefore meaning it isnt REAL karate and just another form of kickboxing.

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

Personally, I like the idea, except that injuries are probably a guarentee. If there's a bunch of mangy Karate nuts who really want to do this, then let them - I'll get the popcorn.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."