• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

UKC

Radok

Would this be a good thing for Karate?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would this be a good thing for Karate?

• Yes
    • No

Alright, basically I think sport Karate has gone totally awry. I think everything about point fighting is a disservice to the art. But what if someone created a U.K.C or ultimate Karate championship?

It would be a full contact tournament specifically designed for classical Okinawan Karate. Throws, armbars and wristlocks, elbows, knees, punches, kicks, all methods of grabs, and any kind of standing grappling would be allowed. I'm not sure if ground fighting should be included or not.

I think It should probably be required to be at least black belt in an Okinawan Karate style to compete, but that would mean Kickboxers and MT Kickboxers couldn't join. What does everyone think?

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I dought they would get anymore injured than they do in the UFC, but you may be right.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

Still a sport, true, but it wouldn't make Karate look anything near as foolish as point sparring, and it's a step in the right direction.

For those who like the sport aspect of karate it would be a good thing- much better than point sparring IMO, which is a bit naff really.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

That's it exactly, aefibird. Karate isn't a sport, but if there is going to be a sport aspect, it should not be rediculous.