• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

"Instructors"

Sibylla

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Firt......there is no need to "go to sensei".......If your sensei is worth his salt, so to speak......he already knows whats going in in every part of his dojo at all times.......As students come up through the ranks, and new students fall into line behind them, some feel the need to "teach" the lower ranks......Sensei may want that to happen......teaching what you know also adds another facet to what you are learning.....what is necessary though, is for the "teacher" to realize that they have an understanding of technique that is limited by their graded rank, and that when the "teach", they should teach "humbly".....It is quite discouraging to see a color belt strut around with the attitude that he/she is actually a qualified instructor. By the same token, it is even more discouraging to see shodan strut around like he/she has sensei or master rank......Reaching shodan simply means that you have finally reached "the beginning", and that should be enough training time to realize how much you DONT know........I really find it so funny when I read posts that are written by color belts who, with such limited time in the arts, state opinions as if they were facts........We should all just concentrate on LEARNING, and being a STUDENT first......if we find ourselves in a position to answer an underbelts questions, fine.......always help......thats how we pass the art on.......Ive been in the arts for just over 30 years......I hold 2 5th degree ranks with Renshi title.....along with other Dan rankings.....Im an inductee into the Action Martial Arts Magazine Black Belt Hall of fame........Im not giving my resume to brag......just to make a point.....even with my background, which is extensive......I am always ready to be a student before being a teacher......

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

Try this when ever the sensei is talking snap to a crisp attention stance and jsut stare at your instructor let nothing this guy says back your focus. You can use this guy as a trainning tool, he just has yellow belt fever, yellow belt now Bruce Lee later

Kisshu fushin oni te hotoke kokoro