• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, absolutely, I believe that racisms do exist in Martial Arts as I am Sith and my instructor is a Christian, class is actually in a church gymnasium of which my instructor is a member………..

“Evil cannot be conquered in the world, it can only be resisted within one’s self.” – Master Po

My Cup is Empty

That would be characters like Palpatine, Darth Maul and Darth Vader.

Star Wars my friend

At 43 I still refuse to grow up.

Life is far too short.

I listed it (the post) for entertainment.

“Evil cannot be conquered in the world, it can only be resisted within one’s self.” – Master Po

My Cup is Empty

that's funny, I'd call it more a difference of religious beliefs than racism though lol.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

that's funny, I'd call it more a difference of religious beliefs than racism though lol.

Yeah, racism by definition involves race. The act of being prejudiced based entirely upon someone's race.

The religion thing is more of "religious intolerance."

i believe that in martial arts, prejudice is more so encountered through differences in disciplines i.e. Tae Kwon Do, Karate, Hap Ki Do, Jiu Jutsu etc. I've encountered heavy judgment based on what i practice but seldom because of my race.

<-----------the art of people folding!

i believe that in martial arts, prejudice is more so encountered through differences in disciplines i.e. Tae Kwon Do, Karate, Hap Ki Do, Jiu Jutsu etc. I've encountered heavy judgment based on what i practice but seldom because of my race.
Yea,I see it as a more of "youre style is crappy and mine is the best" kind of thing
https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

OK, here's something for you. A very large Association out of America that teaches Taekwondo (read between the lines and and you can figure out who :o ) has been brining over Korean black belts and setting them up in schools. They may come over as WTF 3rd Degrees but they bring them into the association as 4th degrees and with in 2 years passing them to 5th Degrees. The biggest problem I have with this is the white/black/asian american born instructor, in this association, is being held back, as they should due to both time in rank rules and the ability to do the teqs. I can tell you that the WTF style and the ITF styles are different, and this association was once a part of the ITF, so you would think thoes whom have already been studying the material would be passing at a more regular interval than someone who was brought in late in the game. Are the Koreans being fast tracked thru the system? And if so, is it racism?