• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

need help on defending myself

J Lee, I have a friend like you. He is korean and is fairly touchy towards jokes and stuff. A couple points... just let the words roll off your back, make it look like you dont care. They want you to fight them because they know that they have an advantage and will most likely win. Also, if you do take up the martial arts and try to use it to fight offensively then you become the bad guy. I am not saying to not take the martial arts, I have only had to use my Judo a couple times to defend myself from some smart * who thought he could mock me. Also, try to talk it out. Most idiots are not smart with words and most likely will lose then. Also youve taken TKD, your legs should be your primary weapon if you choose to fight. Never ever attack, only defend. You should find that the most potent offense is a rock hard defensive strategy.

Take a deep breath. Feel your feet gripping the ground. Feel the blood move through your body. Feel your heart beat like a drum. It is amazing what calm and collectiveness can do for you.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JLee I just took a good luck at Hapkido and depending on the school you will be making a very good choice. It is a very complete and effective MA. If the Hapkido dojo doesn't focus on exercise join a gym or run and do exercises on your own. I highly recommend Hapkido.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Hey man, sorry to hear of your situation. Is there anyway you can get transfered to a different school? I mean, even if you can take a MA again, its gonna be awhile before you can use it effecentally. Also, dont start the fight, if you can talk your way out of it do so. But I would recommend Hapkido and also wrestling, hang out with the big guys. I hung out with alot of big guys who liked to backyard wrestle and fight for fun and I didnt get picked on to much at all.

#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"

I few things to say JLee. Firstly, never, never use a roundhouse kick in a fight unless ur an experienced martial artist or the situation arise's, like maybe he's getting up after a punch to get u and u slip one on his head.

Secondly, dont get intimidated by verbal abuse, its exactly what they want.

Finally, I would take up Wing chun kung fu, karate or Hapkido if ur after self defence. Boxing and kickboxing are good for getting stronger and fitter, but I've always seen them as glorified fitness programs (very goos ones at that) and as sports, which they are.

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee