• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

testing tommrrow

Results will not be in for another week or two but I fill really good about it.My instructer said I done good so I'm pretty pumped.Only bad thing is I have to work out of town for the next month so only get to train on saturdays.There are no MA schools of any kind with in 40 miles of where I am.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Now that's something I don't like. Why couldn't he tell you the results after the test. IMMEDIATELLY. Don't tell me he's got to think more about it. A good instructor knows the very moment where do you stand.

In our dojo the instructor (6th Dan) tests us with a big register in front of him. There's the "curriculum" for the rank and all the techniques required are performed by us and he notes with plus or minus (it was correct or too wrong). Afterwards he needs some minutes to put all together (though I'm sure when we end the performance he KNOWS who graded or not). We stay for another 5-10 minutes to regain conciousness :), chat and of course worry about the result. After these minutes we are all lined up and he calls for those who took the rank, gives them the certificate, congratulates and tells shortly the ups and downs of the students test. Those who are not called are told why they didn't grade and are promised a retest (free of charge). So we go home knowing if we should celebrate.

Anyway ... hope you'll have some good news for us.

I know the waiting is killing me.The grandmaster comes and does the testing so it is not up to my instructer if we pass or not.He has about 10 schools under him I guess that is why it takes a couple weeks.

No one mentioned it, but you should always make sure you are extremely well hydrated for a couple of days prior to your testing. I don't know about your instructor, but ours does not let us break for anything except to throw up and then it has to be in a garbage can and not in the bathroom! Since our tests for upper belts can last between 4 and 6 hours, the importance of being well hydrated prior to testing is evident.

Team Respect

I may have taught you everything you know, but I haven't taught you everything I know. Age and treachery can beat youth and speed any day.