• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Didnt know what to say

blitzcraig

At work last night I was talking to this guy who took juijitsu about stances and stuff(I take karate), and well this other guy overheard us and said.."Yea, juijitsu is the best....I mean, karate's pretty and all, but it doesnt match up". I was like...excuse me :kaioken: . So I kinda laughed and ignored him. calling karate pretty....he wouldnt find it pretty if I kicked him in the head. :karate:

#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
i do both and theres good and good about both theres no bad martial art only bad martial artists and the worst people to have a conversation with is someone who has never really done any kind

theres no one style just your style---------

Yea, I dont know if he takes juijitsu or not....maybe he was just being a wise guy. I would like to take both if I had the time and money...maybe some day.

#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"

One thing I've learned to do is when people bad mouth my particular system is this..."Have you ever seen or practiced it?"

The SHADDUP!!! lol

Well...no, I don't tell them to shut up, but I do tell them that they are entitled to their opinion, and I to mine. To each their own.

All systems have their strong and weak points. Some have many more of one than the other I'm afraid sometimes, but that's another thread on a less tolerant forum I'd say.... :roll:

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

i think bad mouthing is silly and cant prove good or bad theres no bad martial art just unsuitable ones for you and me!!!

BUT as they say lifes about opinions

theres no one style just your style---------

No offence to your jujitsu friend, but my current Uechi Ryu training is all about grappling. We assume that most fights start from a grab, a push or a sucker punch. If a person were to grab me, Like say maybe someone that practices jujitsu. They are going to the ground. I guarantee it. Don’t get me wrong, I think jujitsu is a great self-defense art. But karate isn’t Swiss cheese.

More Practice

When i bump into someone who comes out with blatantly obnoxious comments like that, I take it as an opportunity to be counter-obnoxious with, "you're entitled to your ignorance."

Another one, considering this guy 'barged into' your discussion, would be to say something similar to, "yes, i did invite you into this discussion. Thanks for asking."

If, after that, they want to debate... at least i opened them up to listen. ;)

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

You should be really nasty when they say something like this without knowing anything about the subject. Just ask them how many years have they spent on that certain style. If they say they didn't train that style, smile and say: OK. We'll discuss when you'll know what you are talking about.

It's quite tiresome to just defend yourself from this stupid remarks. Like your style sucks, kata is a waste of time, karate (or any MA style) is detrimental ...

On a second thought, I guess even bothering to respond is a waste of time, maybe you should just turn your back :)