• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

left or right

wado_lee

so am I left handed those of you who practice wado will be aware of the 2,4,6,8, & 10 i find working the opposite side of wado khion far easier to pick up than right handed partners (mainly beacause khion and basic blocks were designed for right handed person) do you feel its easier to pick up opposite stance partner works left or right sided

i know this might not be important but !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :brow:

theres no one style just your style---------

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I am right-handed and yup, it is easiest for me going to the left in kata. What is strange though is that my left gyaku-zuki is a lot more powerful than my right! Always has been. I guess it may have something to do with the power in which I can pull back my (supposedly) stronger right hand.

:)

my theory on that one is that your weeker arm is more relaxed therfore quicker and more powefull

may be wrong but i have the same problem and its my excuse

theres no one style just your style---------

I am left handed for writing, though I can scribble legibly with my right. I play sports right handed, though my left hand is quicker. You just have to train yourself on both sides. It's not impossible.

With kata, it's hardest doing the steps backward but in a straight line while blindfolded with people yelling... but that's another story.

There are times when I feel more comfortable performing things right and left handed. But, if I ever actually begin to think about those things while I'm doing them...heaven help me I'll manage to screw it up ;P