• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My intro - an instructor

Hello all;

I just re-joined and am eager to gleam all I can from other instructors. ;)

As an instructor we often forget that our clubs need some elements of a business to survive and prosper; forums are a great way to network and see what others are doing (what works, etc.)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm sorry, I don't follow.

What does money have to do with providing positive and varied drills to ones teaching method?

I started my site to add and learn from the Martial art community; if you are not interested that's fine; I wasn't trying to 'sell' it to you.

Wow, aren't we a bunch of snobs. koreauechi, thanks for the resource. I've got it bookmarked and will be checking it out soon. Good luck with it!

Wolverine

1st Dan - Kalkinodo

"Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a q-tip"

"There is no spoon."

I agree with Sasori-Te. I don't teach to make money. If I want help on drills and whatnot there are plenty of (better) resources I can use.

Its a new site, if you have something worth sharing than by all means share it and enlighten us...

If you're nice I might even put a photo on of a paisley TKD uniform..just for the purists!

:brow:

Let me be clear. I'm not trying to be snobby. It's nice that he has provideda website to us. It's just the material on the website seems to be filler material for instructors that don't have a clue. If you have to go outside your own art for ideas on drills and lesson plans, perhaps you should reconsider what you are doing. Also, promotional ideas and advertisement suggesions. Dojo management 101. This just smacks of the "mcdojo" syndrome.

As the gentleman/ woman said, He's not trying to sell anything. ?!?!?

As for providing information for free, check out the information being provided. Most of it is how to get bodies in the door. One idea was to bad mouth team sports. Check it out That article was a real winner. :dodgy:

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.