• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Gosoku ryu

Sho-ju

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Never heard of it before!

Try a search on Google..I did, and came up with quite a few sites. Looks like in it's later stages of trying, it takes techniques from shorin-ryu and shorei-ryu.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Never heard of it before!

Try a search on Google..I did, and came up with quite a few sites. Looks like in it's later stages of trying, it takes techniques from shorin-ryu and shorei-ryu.

I have did the search but was looking to ask direct questions.

• 4 months later...
http://www.ikakarate.com/ is the website one of his students run. Some of our blackbelts had the pleasure of visiting/training for a week at his dojo. Soke Takayuki Kubota's dojo is in Glendale, California, also the Headquarters for the organization. He was also training people for the movie The Last Samurai, Perl Harbour, and many other movies. I'd say it's a modified version of Shotokan, but I think his students would say it's a style with Shotokan roots. He also developed the Kubotan weapon that a lot of people use today. During our stay, he made sure we had a nice hard workout to remember him by. They are also VERY disciplined.. No talking unless being spoken to, lined up properly, cleaning dojo after every class and not just at the end of the day, continual practice until you get it right, etc. I'm sure if you emailed info@ikakarate.com, he'd be happy to answer your questions. It may be a few days before he replies, but has answered all my questions I have sent him.

• 3 months later...
During our stay, he made sure we had a nice hard workout to remember him by. They are also VERY disciplined.. No talking unless being spoken to, lined up properly, cleaning dojo after every class and not just at the end of the day, continual practice until you get it right, etc.
good! i thought gosoku ryu has gone soft thru the years. nice to know.

why did we surrender lord?