• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Do you study Sword?

stuart

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I wish

I know a few people who know a little and have showed me some basic draws, cuts, blocks, etc. howver its not part of our training by any means but I would love to train in Kendo, Iadio, or other sword arts.

I guess its the Jedi, Highlander, Knight, in me. lol

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

I trained formally for but a short time (kendo and European fencing), then studied on my own for some years, then trained again with the big boys. There are, surprisingly, a lot of similarities with Japanese sword use and European fencing. However, applications based on weapons' design create quite different study paths.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

yes, ive studied shinkendo and muso jikiden ishinryu iaijutsu.my instructor trained under toshiro obata,obata sensi used to come to our school and teach shinkendo seminiars back in 1993.ive studied muso under masauki shimaborkuru.hes an unbelevible swordmaster!

Why punch someone when their on the ground when you can just kick them

Lately I have been learning a mantis sword set and some basics with the jing(spelling?) it reminds me alot of the sword they use in crouching tiger hidden dragon (cept without all the flying)

Im great you are not

Yes. It is great. :)

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

I have just started learning basic long sword techniques in Kuk Sool Won.

Even though we are just drilling over and over and over from a kneeling position unsheathing the sword, the front strike, and then re-sheathing the sword, it is quite obvious after the first few minutes why the repetition is so necessary for even the basics.

Your arms begin to burn and feel heavy as lead! We are conditioning our bodies, and that probably more than anything is prerequisite to the more advanced techniques we will learn later.

We also spend a GREAT deal of time on weapons etiquette: How to carry your weapon, how to give a weapon to someone else, how to receive a weapon from someone else...

The long sword is a fascinating skill to learn!

Dean

Dahn Boh Nim - Black-Brown Belt

Kuk Sool Won

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow." - James Dean

I've been doing kendo for a few years now, its great stuff. I did iaido for a few months, but got bored with it. I'd love to learn some medieval european sword forms; broad sword type stuff.

shotokan karate nidan

jujitsu shodan

kendo shodan