• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Karate Stance

wado_lee

I've met some of his students, they seem quite good. I'll probably run into some of them at the Wa No Kizuna next month. I always swear I'm never going to be a judge again, and I always end up judging. :)

http://www.wadokarate-usa.org/wadoevents.html

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanx for all your posts i havnt agonised but always been intriegued (sorry about the spelling) its not important but still havnt got an answer !!!!!!!!

cheers

theres no one style just your style---------

thanx for all your posts i havnt agonised but always been intriegued (sorry about the spelling) its not important but still havnt got an answer !!!!!!!!

cheers

What do you wish in terms of an "answer?" I am beginning to wonder if this was a serious question.

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

I had a chance to meet and train with Sensei Hughes at his dojo. back a few years ago. He seemed to be a very technical well versed guy. I met him from a health and wellness seminar that was going on at my workplace. We stood around and talked about Karate and martial arts in general. He was a nice person. I've got his card in collection of business cards somewhere.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

For some reason the only other languages we use is for forms...so I would be of no help there.

#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"

thanks for all the comments can i now take this topic one stage further and ask you guys what you think of the importance of stances??? in general my opinion is they are very very important but the stances in the early days were virtually none existant (compared with today)why would this be ????????

theres no one style just your style---------

If I have the right picture I think that we refer to this stance as "zenkutsu dachi gyaku hanmi". It is the 16th (I think :roll: ) stance you would be in in Heian Nidan with your hip twisted.

May the force be with you... Always