• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Best prices on sparring gear?

Kev70

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
are you looking for hand and foot pads,,,,do you want head gear, chest protector, groin cups, shin pads, forearm pads, mouth pieces....there are lots of stuff for every area of the body....what in specific are you looking for

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

You can get some great deals from the internet. Ebay sometimes offers a good deal as well (caveat emptor). A chain of stores in the West Coast U.S., called "Play it Again," offers used sports equipment at reasonably reduced prices. Sometimes your instructor can get you some good deals. Also, swapmeets and second-hand stores can sometimes provide a gem or two, but check out the item(s) thoroughly before purchasing, or you may end up with something that is far more detrimental than beneficial.

Really, as GMC indicated, it would help to know what type of equipment you are looking for, in addition to 'where' you are located at.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

First, I must caution you: whenever you find gear that is significantly discounted, it's probably either used or defective. My friend bought sparring gear through Century during one of their Christmas sales...a month later, the stuff disintegrated.

http://www.Froogle.com (part of the Google giant) allows you to search for items by price range and description.

Also, KarateForums has a gear shop...you may be able to find some good deals through there.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

I had been to Karate Depot, I just wanted to be sure that I wasn't missing something somewhere. As far as getting cheaper equipment, I agree. My old gear lasted about six months. Although, our sparring matches do get a bit "spirited" :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...