• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Most Common Karate Injuries

trekmann

Pulled muscles, bruises and bumps.

Got a pinched nerve in my arm/neck now, so can't feel too well in my right arm/thumb, but I think that's from something else. Limits me in doing some moves without a good warm up.

Calluses, if that's an injury.

Stiff muscles from doing too much without a warm up or for too long.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that's certainly an impressive list of injuries. I wonder how this compares to other arts such as Kung-Fu (Any style), TKD, Aikido and Grappling arts like JJJ/BJJ and Judo.

The strongest principle in human growth lies in human choice (Alexander Chase).

I've had loads of Karate injuries, but I'm very accident-prone. My work colleagues call me Mr Bump (after the clumsy cartoon character).

From Karate I've broken a big toe, both little toes, cracked a couple of ribs, broken a finger, got black eyes, had to have stitches in my eyebrow as well as zillions of bruises and lumps. Oh, and I got a bloody nose on saturday too. I swept a guy and he flailed about going down to the floor and managed to hit me in the face!!

I've not had many injuries from Aikido (yet) apart from a split lip during randori practice and a sprained wrist from doing a front breakfall incorrectly.

Both Shotokan and Aikido are making my knee problem worse (an old horseriding injury!) and I think I'm gonna have to have surgery on in someday. Sigh. I hope that means I don't have to give up MA.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

My personal trademark is the sprained thumb/figner from fist impacts with elbows, knees, other fists. In fact i have a slightly sprained indx figner now :D

3rd Kyu - Variant Shotokan

Taijutsu

"We staunt traditionalists know that technique is nowhere near as important as having your pleats straight when you die."

Always without fail.

shins, every time I spar, Huge lumps, like I was practicing Muay Tai,

Just finished a 12 hour Endurance Seminar on the Weekend, Did San Shou

hurts let me tell you.

just came back from training doing a little groung work and seemed to pull my thigh quite bad got ice on but its burning like hell fk must be getting old dont realise how it catches up

theres no one style just your style---------