• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

london and uk guys...

Drunken Monkey

Does anyone have their own dojo/dojang/whatever-your-style-calls-it anywhere near to a good pub that we could use for the talking shop bit? :)

Would have to be in an easy to get to location though - preferably on a motorway route - 'cos my ability to follow directions is not good!! :o

Andy.

My dojo is IN a pub! (well, above it actually, if ya wanna be picky...)

It's near the M1 too - very easy to get to Andy!!

Count me in for a meet-up, wherever in the country. My style is Shotokan, with a bit of Aikido, but I'm not offering to demonstrate anything, 'cos you're probably all better than I am and will kick my butt!

The capoeira club sounds like a good plan, Monkey.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i'm pretty sure most of us will look like a fool there.....

but latest report on that.

i've had a look around and while i know there is a club there i can't seem to find any real details.

i hear there's alos a place on brick lane at the old truman brewery but again, can't find any solid evidence.

but from the sound of it, you're quite keen on giving it a go.

hehe, i just always wanted to try it but never had the incentive.

damn, them guys are hard to find...

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

My dojo is IN a pub! (well, above it actually, if ya wanna be picky...)

It's near the M1 too - very easy to get to Andy!!

Ok... guys and gals... can anyone beat training above a pub? If not I suggest we all head over to Aefibird's dojo (with her instructor's approval!!) :P

Count me in for a meet-up, wherever in the country. My style is Shotokan, with a bit of Aikido, but I'm not offering to demonstrate anything, 'cos you're probably all better than I am and will kick my butt!

The capoeira club sounds like a good plan, Monkey.

OK... I agree that as some of us are regular instructors it may be offputting to others, but dont let it stop you sharing your knowledge and giving a small demo or tutorial... :idea:

I think the move varied the styles and ideas are, the better as it could be a bit boring if 8 people give Shotokan karate demos!! :o

I for one would like to have a little go at aikido (the Channan book I bought mentions ikkyo, nikyo and other aikido moves I dont know) so dont put yourselves down!! :karate:

Andy.

Andy Wilkinson (Sandan)

Renketsu Karate Club Senior Instructor

(http://www.renketsu.org.uk)

oh nonono....

nothing like that.

homeless as in training.

i haven't done chi-sau for about a year.....

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

nah....

big family.

i always have somewhere to live.

if anything, i can always stay with the 'missus'