• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

london and uk guys...

Drunken Monkey

Could be swayed to join you if there is enough notice and I can work out how to get there :)

Pity it isnt closer to us notherners - save some of us travelling 250ish miles? :lol: Only joking :brow:

Depends on the plan of action - beer, beer and more beer? :D

Andy Wilkinson (Sandan)

Renketsu Karate Club Senior Instructor

(http://www.renketsu.org.uk)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... that was my first thought and undoubtably the best I can manage :)

Training together would be a problem as insurance etc would be dubious not to mention that we are all different arts/styles and the only common denominator is freestyle (but problems with no contact, semi-contact, full contact and whether to wear pads etc would arise)!

So yeah - I stick with beer, beer and more beer (and perhaps some pool, darts and a curry :D)

Andy.

Andy Wilkinson (Sandan)

Yeah sparring is out i think, dont think that would be a good idea.

Beer sounds good.

ummmmm.....beer.....

Anyway i think wait till its warm and it would be nice, makes sence to me to make a day of if people are travelling a long way.

Start in the afternoon in london at some nice riverside pubs then eat and more pubs then clubs.

Seize the day!

Hah, well if travelling is a problem/pain to 'us Northerners', then we'll just have to have 2 meet up days - one in london and one 'oop north' (preferably in the Peoples Republic of Yorkshire *grin* :D).

That gives us TWO chances to drink lots of beer with martial arty people - what more reason do ya need??

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

y'know, i could've sworn there were more of us here....

i originally figured that if there was enough of us, we could sort out hiring of a hall, talk shop, sort out dinner somewhere where we could talk more shop, then go to a pub or two and talk more shop....

anyway.

i've got a huuuge model of berlin that i need to get back to

and too much drawing for one little guy like me to finish.

if autocad decides to have another "fatal error", i'll be back later tonight.....

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

Does anyone have their own dojo/dojang/whatever-your-style-calls-it anywhere near to a good pub that we could use for the talking shop bit? :)

Would have to be in an easy to get to location though - preferably on a motorway route - 'cos my ability to follow directions is not good!! :o

Andy.

Andy Wilkinson (Sandan)

Just an idea - but what about some kind of non-contact (for insurance reasons) cross training? Work out what kind of MAs we cover and then see if any of us would do a small class for the others - no heirarchy though!

Andy Wilkinson (Sandan)

Thats not a bad idea. would be nice to get a list of our systems together. So far:

Renketsu : Shotokan Karate

Mart: Muay Thai

Can others add, would be nice to see what we could be covering.

Personally i would give 15 mins on clinch Knee work as i think this would be interseting for others as it may be a bit different for them.

Seize the day!