• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Karate tournament trainning.

Natural

Hi, this month am are going to a tounament, I have not been in one yet, are Instrutor is teching us how to score points etc make the Judege see you, teach how to do a techniqe, the rules.

The Instrutor is really supporting us, want us to win medals for the club to show that are club is good, we are a new club and want the other clubs to know that we are like them, its time to show the other clubs that what we are capable of.

Are Instrutor use to be a Gold medalist in katas and kumite, I need alot of tips techniques how to score points, stretegy and so on.

Oh by the way, is their any good techniques is good for a defensive oponent.

THE WAY OF BAKLANCE, AND THE WAY OF SILENCE.

A karate punch it is like a dasvasted stick blow. Instead, a blow of Kung Was is comparable to a lash with a chain that has attacked, allaltra extremity one ball of ferro

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I can't helpl you. Sorry, but I don't believe that tournaments are capable of being non-biased enough to be fair, much less having the results be a determining factor in how good your style is. I don't stop my students from going to tournaments, the choice is theirs entirely.

Good luck with yours.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

Natural,

If you don't know it by now, you won't learn it by tournament time... A tournament is not about status, trophies, and how it reflects on your school or instructor, it's about testing yourself as to what you have learned, how hard you've trained, how well your instructor has taught you. When you lose in a tournament, it's not that you've been beaten or lost unjustly, it's that someone has trained harder/better than you did. You should respect your opponent for that and congratulate him/her for their fine competitive edge or performance.

It's sounds like you have a lot to learn about what the true meaning of a tournament is. In the old days, a tounament was LIFE or DEATH. Food for thought.

- Killer -

Mizu No Kokoro

Shodan - Nishiyama Sensei

Table Tennis: http://www.jmblades.com/

Auto Weblog: http://appliedauto.mypunbb.com/

Auto Forum: http://appauto.wordpress.com/

Well regardless of everybodies opinion on tournaments I believe our friend here is going to compete, I hear side kicks, reverse punches and backfists do well as long as it is not a judo tourney. One point of advice watch your control I know of some tournaments if you even tap the face instant DQ but good luck and train hard

Kisshu fushin oni te hotoke kokoro

Well regardless of everybodies opinion on tournaments I believe our friend here is going to compete, I hear side kicks, reverse punches and backfists do well as long as it is not a judo tourney. One point of advice watch your control I know of some tournaments if you even tap the face instant DQ but good luck and train hard

Kisshu fushin oni te hotoke kokoro

Yep, whatever tournament it is, the first thing to do is find out the rules, since they're all so friggin' different. Once you know the rules, you can adjust your training program and your in-dojo sparring matches to accommodate those rules. Lots of competitors don't do this, and their performance suffers because of it.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

When you lose in a tournament, it's not that you've been beaten or lost unjustly, it's that someone has trained harder/better than you did.

Unfortunately, this is often untrue. Karate scoring is 100% subjective. Do they judges like and respect your instructor? Is your instructor popular? Are you popular? Did you offend them? Did you not humble yourself to their mastery? Did you say sir and ma'am? Did you bow correctly? Are you good looking? Kinda pudgy? Any patches, prints, visible tatoos? Flashy gi? Are you of japanese decent?

Scoring is frequently unfair. If you lose, there's a good chance that your going to walk away from the tournament feeling like you should have been scored a little better. Maybe you should have. Then again, maybe you shouldn't have. You'll never know because judges rarely explain to you why you were scored the way that you were.

My advice for you. Be very relaxed. You are not competing for the "greatest fighter alive" title. It's just a competition. Be relaxed, attentive, try not to lose :) and if it happens, so what. there are many other ocasions to win. It happens even to the greatest competitors to lose sometimes and it's HUMAN. Take care of you, don't risk injuries and use this as a learning experience.

We cross our fingers for you

• 2 weeks later...
it takes alot af courage to get up in competition more so for kata i feel because theres no one else to blame if you get beat by a bettewr fighter then so be it but make a mistake in kata and your on your own good luck to all

theres no one style just your style---------

I'm fine with kumite and emty handed kata. I get nervous while performing weapons forms. I have sweaty hands and have a paramoia about letting the weapon slip and hitting a judge or otherwise embarrasing myself. I could just be paranoid, but it could happen.