• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

anger

if someone is atacking you then you benifit from the strenght you gain from anger cos you need to hurt then befor they hurt you.... but in everyday life then no i guess you shouldnt use it when it is not needed and this time im sober lol

we do not fear death,

for we are death inccarenated!

may the inner fire never die for it is that can help you ceep going

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, i can choose to give someone else that much power over me, and give them access to those 'buttons,' or not.

I choose... not.[/i]

Excellent point. This comes with maturity and experience. Somethings are not worth getting angry about and you learn to discern.

The point is that there are choices out there when dealing with anger.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

I think it depends....defenatly dont get angry in a sparring match..that could lead to problems. But in real life its a normal thing to get angry. I myself tend to hold it in at times and it comes out in bursts which isnt good. So yea...it can be a powerful ally...if you use it right

#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"

Anger is nor a good thing but power nor a bad thing.

A karate punch it is like a dasvasted stick blow. Instead, a blow of Kung Was is comparable to a lash with a chain that has attacked, allaltra extremity one ball of ferro

well, i think the general point here is that often, there is no reason for you to be angry and if you are one to get angry easily, then you should be looking to calm your anger, rather than find a way to 'release' it.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

k you shouldnt get angry in a sparing match but if you r trying to control your anger then it depends what your angry at say if you are angry at your boss you shouldnt just lock it away cuase it might come out in a burst so rellising it is better than hurting anyone but anger can take many forms difrent types of anger need controled in diffrent ways punching a bag is good for some kinds of anger but for other kinds its not and as for the issuse about if you ned aggresion to fight i agree with tal none of us are ideal fighters as with the relings none of us are idea people if you were an idea person then you would never get mad but sadly no one is so the best we can do is etier spend 4o year on a buddist retreat or keep the bag punching

we do not fear death,

for we are death inccarenated!

may the inner fire never die for it is that can help you ceep going

Hi Everyone

Here’s a link to what the professionals on the human mind say about anger.

http://www.apa.org/pubinfo/anger.html

In shorts its normal and healthy to have angry feelings but how you control and release them is most important. It does state not releasing long-term anger has bad effects.

Reading this article suggests to me that-

The control aspect is were the mental discipline of the Arts plays its part.

The various breathing and visualisation techniques if taught reduce the bad effects and restore control.

The physical expression of your Art is were the physical effects of anger find release.

I hope this link can be of use to the readers here and also inform on the mental aspect of our Arts.

Regards Comet 450

Arte et Marte

To each his own, but as far as anger goes in sparring matches, I believe many martial artists tend to confuse anger with aggression during sparring.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill