• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fighting Morals

In Judo there are many submission holds during a spar. But, out on the street you are faced with the question of whether to harm someone or not. If you were put into a headlock with an nife to you throat, would you break the offenders arm and slash his ribs with the nife? Or would you just disarm him and slap him around some? Many instructors are hardcore, but it always comes down to the person. If I was angry enough I would be tempted to break and arm or make someone scream uncle with a submission hold. I supose it depends on the persons morals whether or not they are going to harm their offenders. Tell me what you think. :cool:

Do unto others, as they done to you.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he didn't have the knife i would be less inclined to hurt him, but with the knife i'd go all KAIOKEN on his ass!! :kaioken: :kaioken: :kaioken: :kaioken: :kaioken: :kaioken: :kaioken: :kaioken:

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

angus..dont take this wrong but you first off have a signature "anger is your gift...rage...." then you wonder why your looking over your shoulder now??..lol..i dont think i would have let that girl continue to be hit either but but whoa you come off as a ticking bomb and i dont want to wind up seeing a story about you on CNN...chill out brother....as for tkds question..i dont think id go as so far as to stab him or slice him..i do think i would definetly break something though..insuring i have him completely nutrelized

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

i dont know about the laws in your country but in canada if a person attacks you with a weopen and you disarm them and use it against them u can be charged

its a dumb rule but thats the way it is

hell i had a guy attack me one time....didnt have anything on him but i went over kill on his ass....luckily the cop gave me a break but he called my folks and told me never to do it again!

You can boo me if you want, You know I'm right!

-Chris Rock

Hahaha, dude....

Rage Against the Machine is the name of a band, and the quote "Your anger is a gift" comes from their song FREEDOM. Which i happen to be listening to now.

I shouldn't expect everyone to know that though, so i will explain it as i have when it comes up. They're quite i good group if you're into politically motivated heavy rock.

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

Hey Angus,

I knew where it was from, so that's two of us. I still prefer Metallica, though.

I would do my best to only break or disslocate something. I certainly wouldn't pick up a dropped knife a attack, but I do know a number of techniques where I redirect his own hand back into himself while still holding the knife.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

good question...id be tending towards

Neutralising the situation

Then taking control of the situation

Dont see the need to take it further then that.

Shotokan Karate Black Belt

==Defend the path of Truth==

angus i know about music and where the qutes come from..but i also know the meaning behind the lyrics...which represent giving into anger and arnachy...well sounds cool..but let me ask you are you sleeping well these last few nights ?

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

Rage Against the machine are an awesome band Angus, good taste you have :smile:

Don't worry, their music is hardly mind-altering. Leave that to the whole Cradle of Filth gothic music (which I do not listen to!)

Seriously, its just good music :smile:

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

I also prefer Metallica, Rage is too communist! Didn't they break up in 2000? They have some good guitar and tunes, but thats about it! :bigwink:

[ This Message was edited by: TKD_McGee on 2001-11-13 10:26 ]