using MA

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I've used it in a real situation. :)

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

I use it all the time, every day, in real life situations. To open doors, to talk to a client, to drive down the road through ugly traffic.

As to a tournament... last time was back in 86'

As to real life confrontation... last time was two months ago, ended with no violence.

As to real life with violence, last time was about two years ago. Did a snapkick (top of foot), smacked someone in the back/side of the leg. Basically to let them know i had enough (i already warned them to quit attempting to provoke me). The strike pretty much shook them up and the confrontation ended there. All in all, i lost my cool, and i'm not happy about it.

As to real life violence (not practice or sparring), full physical drag-out, last time was when i was working in mental health, back in 96'. It was a job... no regrets.

edit: hehe... looks like i tossed out too much info, in comparison to others' responses. Anyway... I was wrong about the 'real life violence' one. I recall throwing someone against and through a door about three years back. A kid (young adult, brown belt in tkd) intentionally pressing my buttons and then assaulting me. Wasn't happy about that situation either. Would have preferred to have just blown it off... but this was a challenge that, if unanswered, would have been a longstanding behavioral problem. The end result was that he later apologized of his own volition. We fixed the door together.

Edited by White Warlock

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

well ill do my own topic but first id like to say thanks for ansewring anyway.

well i have never yet entered a tornamet but i will someday but i have used it in real life a guy was trying to hit me and a hammer fist to the head stoped him i didnt want to hit him but he was trying to hurt me for over a year so i recon losing your cool can sometimes help

we do not fear death,

for we are death inccarenated!

may the inner fire never die for it is that can help you ceep going