• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Balance

fireka

Okay, when it comes right down to it if I want to do all this stuff I want to do in the Martial Arts I have to get shodan somewhere. i can't go to my old school anymore. I can't afford it, money or time wise, right now. But see this is ridiculus, i'm leaving for the Navy soon, am I gonna ge tthe chance to work, take advantage of the collageavailableto me and train in a dojo? Of course i'm trainign on my own right now. I don't know I need to talk about how to balance.

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Your the only person that knows your time constraints. You seem to know that your not going to have time or opportunity to train formally for awhile. Your best bet is going to be finding someone else that you're stationed with who knows martial arts and training with them. I was in the Army for 4 years and this was the only way that I could train during that time. The military requires a good deal of time and the Navy will require more if you do ship duty. Don't worry so much. Keep training on your own if necessary. You have plenty of time to get a shodan.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

Okay, when it comes right down to it if I want to do all this stuff I want to do in the Martial Arts I have to get shodan somewhere.

You have to get your shodan? Why??? Fireka, you need to shift your goals to something like "I want to train and be the best that I can be in the martial arts", rather htan setting a goal of a shodan. it will come in it's own time with work, patience and perseverience.

If you're going into the Navy, there will be many people I would think with varied martial arts backgrounds for you to train with, either on base in your barracks, or an on post dojo or instructor. The arts are EVERYWHERE now, as compared to when I was in the service from 1972-1978. You may get stationed in Okinawa for example, where many of the finest traditional martial arts (authentic) masters in the world are located. All on an island a mere 18 miles long. Take advantage of that if you can. My own sensei did while in the Navy from '69-71.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

If you go out with plans to get a shodan and develop your own style, you're going to fail. Sorry.

If you go out, learn things, live life, experience the arts, learn the arts, and truly master the arts, then at the end you WILL have your own style. Everyone ends up with their own style eventually. It may more or less look like isshin-ryu, but your own perspective and approach will make it your own.

It's more than just getting a black belt and going out on your own. Sorry.

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.

I'll say traind while you are in the navy, my granpas from harraget yorkshire hes in the royal air force since for about 30 yeras i'll say pratice you'll see the results in a few years time, i don't really get your question though, bye Soilder.

A karate punch it is like a dasvasted stick blow. Instead, a blow of Kung Was is comparable to a lash with a chain that has attacked, allaltra extremity one ball of ferro

many places in the military offer regular martial arts programs at the bases. I am currently stationed in misawa japan and i teach here along with several other instructors, then there are all the off base classes in the area.

Every base that i have been stationed at has had at least one martial arts class located there, so most likely you will be able to find something and often times you will learn something new that you didnt learn back home, and usually all the classes run around 40 dollars or less when done through the military, and generally they are good instructors, generally,.....plus you will meet many individuals that have done martial arts and you can train with them and further expand your knowledge, live it up and soak up as much of the arts as you can.

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

or it would have been, had that really been the case. No shodan isnt my ultimate goal, originaly i couldnt have care dless about rank at all but peer preasure, mostly from this forum, change dthat. I feel i need to aquire shodan because at least from there i will have soem kind of solid base from which to keep looking at other stuff. I don't care at all, if youve kept up with my post you'd notice I had the entire rank system, i think it shoudl be done away wit hand we should all go back to a white to black system.

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty