• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

1st Kyu and 1st Dan

aefibird

Does your style have a grade that comes between 1st Kyu and 1st Dan? I know that some styles have an 'extra' grade and some go straigth from 1st Kyu to 1st Dan. Just curious... :)

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
We have provitional (same as probationary). We have two prov. grades. One is 1st kyu, the other is between that and first dan (same as cho dan bo in TSD), where you learn nothing new, but you are expected to refine everything you know.

Laurie F

We have 1st kyu, shodan ho, 1st dan.

A karate punch it is like a dasvasted stick blow. Instead, a blow of Kung Was is comparable to a lash with a chain that has attacked, allaltra extremity one ball of ferro

Ikku (1st kyu) to shodan here.

Talking about "honorary black belts", I also hold a legitimate (I'm told it's good in any dojo in the American Korean Karate Association) 3rd Dan in TKD...and never taken a TKD class in my life! lol

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Who said an honarable black belt I can't see no one said that?

A karate punch it is like a dasvasted stick blow. Instead, a blow of Kung Was is comparable to a lash with a chain that has attacked, allaltra extremity one ball of ferro