• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What has TKD done for you?

helped me do a split

Hey! I hope that it's given you more than that. You don't need to do the splits to be a good martial artists, or a good fighter, or a good person. Nothin' personal, and I'm not prying or anything - I'm perhaps just a bit religious about it.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have "trimmed" this topic because it "borderlined" on art bashing, which is against our guidelines. Opinions are welcome, but art bashing isn't. Please refrain from this in the future.

Anyways, this split thing isn't a bad thing :D I can do splits, too. You're right though, splits are really not needed to be good at MA. But it's nice to say "you can." ;)

TKD has taught me to be patient. I came from another MA, so I had to unlearn to relearn. THAT takes patience.

MA in general was a character builder for me. I have more self confidence, self esteem, ect and I'm in good physical shape :D

Laurie F

That's what I need, patience!!!! And to get my sorry butt back in shape. I've got one of my sons in TKD (white belt) and I always stick around to watch the whole class. I've been itching to get back into it. Haven't practiced since my teens (now 42). It will be tough for a while when I start again, real tough.

By the way, I just discovered this site. Hi all.

Joe

Joe