• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
It has help me lose about 20lbs and has gotten me off the couch

"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to go to his class." Choi, Hong Hi ITF Founder

• 2 weeks later...

I've studied and competed in multiple styles and learned much in TKD. Full contact TKD, especially is one of the most effective training styles and tournament formats.

Nothing deserves bashing more than the open Karate circuits. Full contact TKD fighters are some of the best kickers in the world. Throw in some boxing or Judo and a very complete fighter can be developed.

• 2 weeks later...

Self confidence, great friends and mentors, competitive spirit and compassion and just a few things I have gotten from TKD.

Team Respect

I may have taught you everything you know, but I haven't taught you everything I know. Age and treachery can beat youth and speed any day.

(I'm back, well, sorta)

Tae Kwon Do has strongly influenced my martial art (American Karate). How I love it... let me count the ways:

1. Confidence.

2. gained 20 lbs (a scronny teen like me needs it).

3. flexibility (can do the full splits in all three directions)

4. Competitive spirit.

5. Stamina.

6. Coordination.

7. Friends.

8. Strong Kicking technique.

9. A good base of hand techniques (partially from the karate mix).

10. Basic + amplified interest in elbow, knee, and headbutting techniques for streetsmart short range counters (more karate influence).

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."