• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

10 years time

Where do you see yourself in 10 years time? I mean, in terms of your martial arts training? Do you want to have started another art or got your black belt or won competitions or whatever?

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 years is a long time...its hard to say. Guessing where I'll be in 1 year is hard enough!

Anyway, I hope to have got back into shotokan again within 10 years, maybe reach sandan grade. I could get to nidan or sandan in jujitsu if I train hard, and a similar grade for kendo. I'll probably start a different art if I get the chance. I'd really like to do some muay thai or wing chun or something.

shotokan karate nidan

jujitsu shodan

kendo shodan

Well, 5 months later I'll go to thailand study muay thai arts from my family, built a house come back and grade for my 5th kyu.

Two years time am going to be a karate Instrutor.

In ten years time I'll be having a blackbelt 2nd dan probably and become an instrutor aiming to get medals for clubs etc gainning confidence.

A karate punch it is like a dasvasted stick blow. Instead, a blow of Kung Was is comparable to a lash with a chain that has attacked, allaltra extremity one ball of ferro

Hmmm... I guess I have trained 10 years more of wing chun and shotokan or maybe switched out shotokan with a another style, like JKD or something

- if I´ve got time for training 2 styles at once :)

In 10 years I´ve probably been involved in many streetfights :roll:

I can't plan that far ahead LOL.

But I would like to cross train in another art, other than TSD/TKD. Maybe Judo or jujitsu. And maybe take a weapons art. I wanna be a well rounded martial artist. Someday, I'd like to open my own school, but I donno about in the next ten years, though.

Laurie F

Well I'm 23 now and still learning all the time. I hope to peak within the next 5 years then settle into coaching and instructing.

I've been training 12 years, If you'd asked me this question ten years ago my reply probably would have been the same.

No plans to 'do' other styles though I'm always open minded to stealing bits and applying them to my style. I love what i do and still enjoy every minute!

Bretty

Q. Who's the best martial artist?

A. The one having the most fun!!!

I'd like to have

1) started another style such as BJJ or similar

2) competed utilizing this style successfully

3) achieved a high rank and started instructing same

4) maybe open a dojo....???

It's hard to say. Goals can be set now, but change a lot depending on what happens along the way (injuries, money issues, etc). But it's nice to always have something to shoot for.

Mixed Martial Artist

I know that planning for ten years time is hard, but I was just wondering if anyone had long term goals that reached that far!

Personally, I'd like to be nidan or sandan in Shotokan and shodan in Aikido.

I'd also like to start Kobudo training or BJJ, but that's a bit of a 'pipe dream' really - that's planning for if I win the lottery and don't have to work again!!

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

well i will still be with the military so i will be traveling around and learning more styles and teaching to more people....in about twenty years i will retire or something...well atleast stay in one area so i can get my house and build my dojo

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

I would like to have nicely blended my Tae Kwon Do feet and my Wing Tchun hands. I would like to run my own martial arts schol.