• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Dull Classes

Solo I'd express these concerns to your teacher. Maybe others in your class feel the same. It's worth a try.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thanks for the advice everyone. I imagine it's a slum like many of you have pointed out. I know for a fact students from all levels feel the same. Basics are very important, I can't disagree. I like doing Basics, but not for 45 minutes every class. I find it a little long, but I guess to get better it is necessary. I want to talk to my Sensei, but a friend of mine who expressed his concerns was somewhat "shuned" from class. He's moved on to other Dojos and feels he's much better than he was and is improving alot faster. I will give it a try though. I love my Dojo and I love teaching the young karateka. I don't want to give that up.

As for competitions and tournaments, we barely have 1 a year. We have a few seminars, but they are out of town and not everyone can really go.

Once again, Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it very much. I'll give it a try Thursday if the Head Instructor is on town.

Solo :)

"Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make."

-Bruce Lee

Some martial arts also seem to get in a rediculous phase where it's all just a big review session. It's one of the big things that drove me away from TMA a while ago.

Good luck. Look for another way to keep learning if that's what you want.

• 4 weeks later...
At any level you could get bored sometimes and the program, even if very well put together can lead to boredom. At your level it's understable. I second the opinion that you should talk to your instructor. I did it several time, because I felt something was not OK. When faced with the honest opinion of a good student, usually the instructor is willing to listen and change what's not good anymore.

I don't know ... maybe I've got an open minded instructor ... whenever Ii have problems, or one of my coleagues (but hasn't got the courage to talk about it), I go to sensei and bring it to him. We discuss and he makes the decission. In MA the instructor has got more to do than just bark commands all the time. It'a a special relation and all must have the courage to discuss.

i would love to be able to spar an entire class

We do!!!!

We line up in in 2 lines and rotate partners go for 2-3 min rest 1 min then

switch to the next. Its great to have such a variety of partners.

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.