What has happened to the WTF?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHo are the four? I know of Choi's son, his antagonist whith Nothern ties, and Sereff, but who is the fourth?

ITF Headquarters (AKA ITF-V), President Master Trân Triêu Quân

http://www.tkd-itf.org/home.shtml

ITF Headquarters (AKA ITF-C), President Master Choi Jung Hwa

http://www.itf-admin.com/main.htm

ITF Headquarters (AKA ITF-NK), President Mr. Chang Ung

http://www.internationaltaekwon-dofederation.com/

And the "non-political"

International Ch'ang-Hon Taekwon-Do Federation (ICTF)

http://www.ictf-web.com/main.html

John G Jarrett

III Dan, ITF Taekwon-Do

Sorry, that is why I put a question mark by the word, four, in parenthesis as I could not remember whether there were three or four organizations competing for the title of being the true inheritor of the General's ITF and I do not have the TKD Times magazine in front of me for reference and I was in a hurry when I posted that response, so did not take the time to research it either on the Internet.

Lo Siento,

Roberto the Magnificent

P.S. addendum to post: Looks like John G. took care of me on it, I posted this before I read his response. Thanks John.

Isn't the official ITF the one located in Vienna? And shouldn't the one with the best claim not be the son of the founder but rather the one that has the most remaining administration of the original organization?

Long Live the Fighters!

There are three "official" ITFs, two in Vienna ITF-V and ITF-NK and one in Canada ITF-C.

The politics and intrigue behind the art has at times been addictive to the point where I was spending more time focusing on the hypocrites and castle builders rather than practicing the art. Therefore I choose not to be drawn into who’s right and who’s wrong or who should head ITF.

Besides, this thred is about WTF not ITF.

Respectfully,

John G Jarrett

III Dan, ITF Taekwon-Do

Our Instructor told us that what will happen the WTF is this:

With Dr. Un Yong Kim out of the picture (resigning) and GM Woon Kyu Uhm retiring, the WTF will fracture as its leaders leave the scene and nobody planned for who would take over. New, smaller TKD organizations will arrive on the scene since the central power of the WTF is diminished. Eventually, a person will arrive who will be strong enough to consolidate the WTF's power and pull it back together. This will be some time in the future and will be one of the (currently) younger Instructors. Who, nobody knows.

My opinion-Welcome to it.

I doubt that WTF will remain “headless” for much longer as it’s such a large federation. It may split (like ITF) as those in power jostle for the top position, but hopefully not.

Respectfully,

John G Jarrett

III Dan, ITF Taekwon-Do

What I would like to see happen is an Instructor who actually practices and understands Tae Kwon Do ascend to the head of WTF. Hopefully it won't be another sports administrator or non-practioner appointed by the Government. I really would like to see WTF TKD pull back from the sport style it emphasized and go back to its roots.

My opinion-Welcome to it.

WTF will likely follow the led of the post-Nakayama JKA. Just how many "JKA's" are there now? 50? 100?

What may hold them together is the auticratic mentality of the Korean government. Remember, they are an official governmental beaurocracy. Someone similar to Kim will probably be placed in charge.

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!