• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Reasons why you became a instructor.

Mink

For what reasons did you become a martial arts instructor.?

and are you still under the organization that you came from or did you found your own style?

for what reasons politic or non political did you decide to found your own style.?

https://www.Kyokushinaustralia.com

Dont be Bias in styles for we are all Practitioners of Martial Arts!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I was asked to by our President. The Instructor of the class I now teach was having a hard time juggling work and teaching. I was attending college at the time, and would teach after school. I still drive 40 miles each way to teach the class. I ended up taking over the class and he teaches elsewhere now. We are both same organization. I can't imagine leaving to found my own style. My ego isn't that big :D

My opinion-Welcome to it.

My Martial Arts Careers started off bumpy...took a few classes at a school gym and d it. 3 yrs later I came to my current school, as a fat, unatheletic kid...

I was interested in Martial Arts and tried my hardest till Brown Senior belt, where I became disgusted, however I wasnt allowed to quit, and was pushed on...

I attended the Olympic State Qualifier and made it, thats where change occured I realized I had the gift and I am developing it...That change happened through years of being yelled at and pushed...Brown Sr. for almost 2 yrs...whoa

Then after they were sure, I had changed and became dedicated, I was told to teach, help kids push on and on...and now...I teach...help those kids, who arent interested nemore, and pump them up again...

<Victory Martial Arts>

15 yrs old; 6 yrs in TKD

1st Degree Black Belt

Jr. Olympian | Team USA Qualifier

"Train Like A Champion, Fight Like A Warrior"

For what reasons did you become a martial arts instructor.?
Well, way back in 1980, my sensei quit his job and packed up his family with 2 weeks notice, and moved from Montana to Minnesota. We, his students, were DEVASTATED!!! Patrick was his senior student, and the obvious choice to take over the class, but Patrick had no interest in teaching. He was a 2nd Dan. Sooooo...I, as a 1st Dan, took over the class, and have been teaching ever since.

and are you still under the organization that you came from or did you found your own style?
I'm still practicing the same system as taught by the late OSensei Yuichi Kuda of Okinawa. The organization has come and gone in several variations and disputes, and the one I'm in currently..for about a year now..is small, but seems OK.

for what reasons politic or non political did you decide to found your own style.?
Even after 29+ years in this one system, I don't think I know enough to found my own system, and to be honest, I have little respect for those that do. I've seen a number of systems that have been started by low ranking black belts (or not even that high), and they have never impressed me.[/b]

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

I'm an assistant instructor. I was asked by my instructor to help teach. He needed an adult to fill an openning he had. I teach under him, but I plain on continuing with teaching, and (after reaching, at least, 4th dan) openning my own dojang.

I'm not with my original style (because I moved). But hopefully, someday, I'll get back into it.

Laurie F

I teach because I still enjoy it, and I still enjoy learning. Am I with the same organization? Yes, I am. As for finding my own system, don't have too. Already have too many things to learn in my current system, and not enough time to learn it all :karate:

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

• 11 months later...

I teach because training in the martial arts has helped me to overcome

so many difficulties in my life and I what others to experience how martial arts can help them in facing hardships in their life.

What works works