• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

where does your nickname come from?

Drunken Monkey

My name used to be my handle, but in 1991 I switched to holding the handle of Guru (a programmer and fledgling modem bbs designer named Jason nicknamed me that, so i adopted it), but soon found way too many people running around on the internet with that handle. I adopted the present handle of White Warlock in 1997.

During the ol' modem BBS days, in which i used to run a modem BBS service that hosted discussion board roleplaying games, a character i roleplayed in the BBS was nicknamed White Warlock, after he was subjected to some wild magic that caused his complexion to lighten and all his hair to whiten.

Simple enough...

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my name from the style I practice. Sasori Te translates to scorpion hand. The style being much like Shorin Ryu also includes more in depth pressure point work from Traditional Chinese Medicine. A lot of the tuite/ chin na comes from more of a Chinese background.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

At my dojo, I'm called "The Squirrel" because of my flexibility, lankiness, and hand speed.

On my wrestling team, I'm called "The Cobra" because of my Bengali Heritage, flexibility, and the bulge in my singlet :brow:

THE MASTER OF THE WORLD'S FINEST!!

SOUL SONIC STYLE!!

At my dojo, I'm called "The Squirrel" because of my flexibility, lankiness, and hand speed.

On my wrestling team, I'm called "The Cobra" because of my Bengali Heritage, flexibility, and the bulge in my singlet :brow:

I coulda done without the bulge story...

Wolverine

1st Dan - Kalkinodo

"Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a q-tip"

"There is no spoon."

battousai is a nickname that was given to me by some people i used to train with, because i went to tournament and did a form with a reverse blade sword.

reverse bladed katana? or just unsharpened? really?

why did we surrender lord?

it was reverse bladed. they're not very good, it was more of a stage prop, really. i was just stupid and didn't look.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

battousai is a nickname that was given to me by some people i used to train with, because i went to tournament and did a form with a reverse blade sword.

reverse bladed katana? or just unsharpened? really?

Why would you do a form with a live steel sword?

THE MASTER OF THE WORLD'S FINEST!!

SOUL SONIC STYLE!!

I got my nickname from a Thai champion boxer.

A karate punch it is like a dasvasted stick blow. Instead, a blow of Kung Was is comparable to a lash with a chain that has attacked, allaltra extremity one ball of ferro