• 2 years later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The day that I sign up for the karate forums I was reading a book with my son called Guardians of Ga'hoole. It is about owls and I love barn owls I think they are so beautiful. So that is how I came up with my name here on the forums White Owl. :)

battousai is a nickname that was given to me by some people i used to train with, because i went to tournament and did a form with a reverse blade sword. i didn't mean too, i didn't have sword of my own, and i'd been training with ones at the school. my sensei told me i could use one out of his office the day of the tournament, and so i did and didn't realise the blade was backwords until i started the form. i unsheathed it and my buddys started laughing, and called be battousai after kenshin from rurouni kenshin.

That's an awesome show dudu. I love it.

Anyway my name just my gamer tag i made up one day and it's stuck.

Currently a Blue Belt in AKKI Kenpo

"joesteph" or Joesteph comes from when I was married. When we got a computer (in the '90s), we needed an email address. I combined Joe and Stephanie, and so got JoeSteph. But most times it's asked for in lower case letters, so "joesteph" came about.

Even though I'm no longer married, when I had the choice of changing the name--or using a new one--for different "accounts," I decided to continue to use it, reminding me of the romantic years of my marriage.

:angel:

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

• 1 month later...

NRSPOOK is just a login ID I use for a lot of websites because I'm in the Navy Reserve (NR) and I work in intelligence (SPOOK). But I do have two nicknames..."Papa Bear" 'cause I'm a stocky, hairy kind of guy, and "Mr. Incredible" 'cause I look something like him (I wore an Incredibles shirt once to Disneyworld and I had 3 kids come up to me like a character in the park...No Joke!)

NRSPOOK is just a login ID I use for a lot of websites because I'm in the Navy Reserve (NR) and I work in intelligence (SPOOK).

Hi Joel,

I don't know if you've checked the Introductions section, but when you did, I gave a guess on January 18 that you were in intelligence. :)

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu