• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

where does your nickname come from?

Drunken Monkey

My name here is just my last name....My nickname among friends used to be "son of kong" or "Kong" but I stopped using that as a message board handle a few years back when I caused a bit of controversy of the Isshinryu OIKKA forums.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My name here is just my last name....My nickname among friends used to be "son of kong" or "Kong" but I stopped using that as a message board handle a few years back when I caused a bit of controversy of the Isshinryu OIKKA forums.

Am I about to be a dumb blonde by asking why the controversy?

Karate Ni Sentinashi

Long story short....Isshinryu Politics. I was on one side and several 8th-10th dans were on the other.

Its all good...I have since been kicked out of the association I was in conflict with, so everyone is happy.

I do not play politics well, and I don't follow blindly.

Long story short....Isshinryu Politics. I was on one side and several 8th-10th dans were on the other.

Its all good...I have since been kicked out of the association I was in conflict with, so everyone is happy.

I do not play politics well, and I don't follow blindly.

You came to the right board, then. :)

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

• 2 weeks later...

gateqway was a typo made by my friend who had 10secs to join me in a Counter Strike tournament at a LANing convention.

It was meant to be a quick copy of his monitor's brand, but he was being pressured for disqualification for having not enough players.

The admin had a hard time reading it out and it was quite funny hearing him trying to pronounce it :lol:

Most people’s compassion and kindness are bounded by threats of their interest.

People respond to irritancies will dire actions and speech, which is magnified by grudge, competitiveness and fear.

Don't know really just liked the name and have stuck with it, normally on forums and on xbox live

Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.

Mine is the name I used when I perform Irish Dance at Renaissance Festivals with the group that my wife and I started.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

I'm a chick and a scientist, soooo, when I can't think of anything, this is what I pick :)

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu