• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

where does your nickname come from?

Drunken Monkey

mine comes from a favourite move of mine from Tekki/Naihanchi where the leg is snapped up in front of teh other leg in horse stance. and i thoguht its name was cool: the returning wave kick. quite simplistic really :D

3rd Kyu - Variant Shotokan

Taijutsu

"We staunt traditionalists know that technique is nowhere near as important as having your pleats straight when you die."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Needed a nickname to register for something (don't remeber what), took a quick look around on my desk, saw my cd of p.o.d laying there which was named satelitte and voila, nickname was registered.

Was "only" six months later i realized i wrote satelitte instead of satellite but i'm to stubborn to change it

Hey, that P.O.D. CD is a good one.

I went to see them in concert once, with Ill Nino supporting. Absolutely mental! A mass fight broke out during the Ill Nino set and P.O.D. were delayed getting onto stage.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

My nickname at school was David, because I had a massive crush on David Duchovny. (The shame!)

:lol:

My name here... well it's my name and the initial to my surname... rocket science???? :lol:

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

My nickname at school was David, because I had a massive crush on David Duchovny. (The shame!)

lol, there were a gang of us at school who all had a crush on D.D. I cringe to think of it now!

The X- Files was a cool program, though. One of the highlights of British TV when I was a teen.

That and Red Dwarf... but I never fancied anyone from Red Dwarf! :lol:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

lol, there were a gang of us at school who all had a crush on D.D. I cringe to think of it now!

The X- Files was a cool program, though. One of the highlights of British TV when I was a teen.

That and Red Dwarf... but I never fancied anyone from Red Dwarf! :lol:

I had a crush on Rimmer :roll: (Where's the utterly embarrassed, cringe-worthy, Oh my god I can't believe I admitted that smilie when you need it?)

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

As long as we're on the subject of silly nicknames from our school days...

When I was in 8th grade three boys I knew watched Braveheart one weekend and decided the queen (I believe) looked like me. So (and I'm not sure of the logic in this) they started calling me "William Wallace." One of those boys called me "William Wallace" all the way up until we graduated high school 4 years later. :roll:

~Erin

9th Kyu

"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft."

~ Theodore Roosevelt

damn that sucks... you reminded them of the queen and instead of calling you queen whatever they called you William Wallace...

I guess it hasnt come very far from the days of pulling pony tails :)

"(Where's the utterly embarrassed, cringe-worthy, Oh my god I can't believe I admitted that smilie when you need it?)"

you mean this one " :blush: "? :D :D :D

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai