• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grey

I have one grey ghi that I like to train in, especially when with other stylists. It has no patches or anything, just grey.

I have one faded black (read that grey) ghi with insignia that I also like, especially in the winter since it is a heavyweight ghi.

Then there's the newer black ghi, which I don't wear much.

I never wear white- I figure there's no pureity in fighting, and it sucks for night/low light training. And, I'm too much of a stick in the mud to wear colors, or patterns, or mix'n match, or worst of all, prints :o - that's disgusting!

Freedom isn't free!

I've been known to wear white gi pants and a black torn shirt.

#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"

Delta1, about your grey gi (the one without patches), did you actually buy it grey, or did you dye it yourself? It's just I've never seen grey gi's on sale in the UK.

Thanks!

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I dyed it. I had a white ghi, which I didn't like. I was dyeing a large piece of leather, and I got the bright idea to just add some hot water to what was left and throw in the ghi. It came out gray, really looks good and has held up that way for a few years.

Freedom isn't free!

I dont think black gi's are hotter unless your in harsh light or outside. And also as long as they are the same material, you should be fine inside

#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"