• White
    • Black
    • Orange
    • Grey
    • Purple
    • Other

i thank black is coming back and white is slowly fading away

but the dojo i train in uses white only white even head gear

we use re and blue hand mits (gloves now) we used to use white but now with white blue and red

from matt blake

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White -- of course I did have a blood read top with white bottoms once from an injury to the nose.

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

I was raised to wear white...you could wear black once you got black belt or mix and match tops and bottoms...but that was reserved for danchin.

Now, about the time I started running my own school my sensei's sensei passed down the word that we were joining an association that wore black uniforms and that we needed to do likewise. I gave my students the option and all of them (at the time there were all of 4 students!) chose black...so black it was.

Now, years passed and to make a "Long" story short, I got into a bit of a disagreement with the association that resulted in my dismissal from the group. (if you can call it that...since the disagreement was over the fact that I did not want to rejoin and would not force my student to join) Anyhow...so here we are, not affiliated, still wearing black. My preference of course is white.

Over the past year we have been kind of transitioning as many of my students now own both colors. At this point kyu grades are allowed to wear one or the other, but not allowed to mix the two (white top, black bottoms) Black belts can still mix.

Down the line I would like to go back to all white, but doing that when you have a class of 75ish is kinda tricky.