• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Beaten by woman

I have been beaten by a couple of women over the years.

NATURAL - Not impressed , perhaps she knew you to be a arrogant person and had to come in aggressive. You know you are right you hsould have an attitude ot be a MA a confident one, not a aggrogant one. I find most guys who are that cocky are not half as good as they think.

"If you don't want to get hit while sparring , join the cardio class"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I had a friend who was in kempo like a blue belt or something.....6'0ft 300lbs+, well, he had a instructor who was like 45yoa, and a short female, well, she challenged him one day, I dunno if he was cocky or talking or what and he really didnt want to fight her/hurt her but he had to. So he threw a punch, she dodged and grabed his arm and threw him...yes....threw him into a wall. This just goes to show that no matter the person, man or woman, big or tall, that you shouldn't disrespect them and not give them the credit they desirve.

#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"

"TKD Chosen one" spoken like a true NOOB with little training. I Know a few women who punch like men and are very fast. I have to ask how many matchs have you had outside of your DOJO.

"If you don't want to get hit while sparring , join the cardio class"

I dunno, but all the women I've seen fight have gotten to the point where there's almost no technique. They get so worked up and take it very personal if they're losing, sometimes, you can just tell they wish they could go for the hair. And cheap shots, oh there's plenty of those, we've all seen the video of the lady aiming a high kick at the man and then with all her strength kick as if she were kicking a field goal. Other than stretching and forms......mmmh, let's not get into that.

TKD Chosen One, I'd have to disagree. A lot of women tend to have, and keep, better form than the men in sparing. Men can tend to try to just out muscle or out bludgeon their opponents. Women, who are generally not as strong, depend more on technique and finesse to do the job. Add to that generally better ballance and flexability, and a deviouse nature (sorry gals, but you know it's true :P ), you'd do well not to underestimate them.

Freedom isn't free!

I agree with Delta1. Often in sparring men try and use brute force to win the situation where women tend more to rely on technique. Obviously this is a generalisation and there will be women who go in with strength and force and no technique and conversely there are men who are very technically skilled and use their techniques to overcome opponents.

When I started Aikido, my instructor said to me that women beginners usually progress faster than male beginners, as men try and use force and strength to overcome their opponent, rather than concentrate on the technique. As women aren't usually as strong female Aikido beginners learn techniques faster because they're not relying on strength to do the job for them.

Hey Delta1, whaddaya mean that us women have a more devious nature than men????? I can't think what you mean.... :lol: :D

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• 2 months later...