• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What are the worst traits in a sparring partner you faced?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the above, plus the runner. Not just a retreater, or a defensive sparer, but I mean a runner! Who lets people like that in a martial arts class, any way?

Or, how about the guy that everytime you spar wants to stop the fight and lecture you on how "That is not legal! That would get you disqualified in a tournament!" Who cares?

And, let's not forget the guy that has to give it that little bit extra before he lets you tap out, or "forgets" that hard kicks to the knees are not allowed in sparing, or ... .

Fortunately, these bad partners are not the norm. I have to agree with the old cowboy who, when told "It takes all kinds," replied "Nah, it don't take all kinds, we just got all kinds."

Freedom isn't free!

ahhhh I hate teacher envy AMP you are lucky. in the late 1980's I trained under one of his direct students. I have been a TUITE, KYUSHO fan ever since. I wish I had a dojo near me. The closest one is a three hour drive. You are training in the real deal enjoy and stay with it.

"If you don't want to get hit while sparring , join the cardio class"

I hate the sore losers in sparring. Like a long time ago when I was gold or orange, cant recall, a black belt male, 6'0 like 170lbs was sparring a brown belt, girl 5'5 115 or something and he was just messing around which caused him to lose....well, guess who have to spar him next....yea...me. He kicked the crap out of me cuz he was mad he lost. He got like 5 points in one round with 2 kicks to the head and a punch in the ribs......annoying, and the same guy was showing us joint locks and throws a few weeks back and he kept using me cuz im about his size, and it hurt but I didnt complain....then some one was doing the move on him and it hurt him and he freaks out..."this is practice....chill out man....balh blah blah". But yea....people like that bug me

#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"

My worst trainning partner is a 47 years old man, that everyone knows him, very hard hitter and overprotect his daughter.

A karate punch it is like a dasvasted stick blow. Instead, a blow of Kung Was is comparable to a lash with a chain that has attacked, allaltra extremity one ball of ferro

is his daughter in the class too?

#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"

Agreed Sasori_Te, but I would take it up with the instructor... first. Request the student be counseled, or expelled. Resorting to threats on his life, as Natural had indicated this man did, is wholly uncalled for.

Then again, the 47 year old is a student as well. Can't expect students to measure up to standards that even full instructors often fail to meet.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro